MidWest S2000 Club Kansas, Nebraska, the Dakotas, Missouri, Iowa, and Minnesota

Frank Ancona Honda Experience

Old 10-29-2010, 03:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Frank Ancona Honda Experience

Hey guys. I'm working through some issues with Frank Ancona Honda and the experience has been bad so far. If you guys could follow the thread and post some honest comments, that would go a long ways to giving the dealership their deserving good or bad publicity. I believe this is important for our community since this is a local dealership for many of you. Like I said, so far the experience has been bad but they have an opportunity to change my view if they start treating me like a valued customer.

I will also be providing a link to the thread below to Frank Ancona once the issue has been resolved.

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.ph...f=119&t=826379

Thank you.
Old 10-30-2010, 09:35 AM

I just settled a litigation with Frank Ancona myself. Complete 180 from the dealership after Michael Ancona and his attorney got involved.
Old 10-30-2010, 10:40 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

I HATE Frank Ancona. NEVER take a car there. Straight up assholes.
Old 10-30-2010, 12:52 PM

Uh, I have a friend who works there....

Anyway, my dad bought his civic through them. I don't think he's had any issues, but I will warn him to be careful. Kinda crappy what happened to you though man. Best of luck.
Old 10-30-2010, 10:13 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had many problems as well and have posted about them.

I no longer take my car to get serviced there, not even for an oil change. Actually... it's pretty sad that I have to drive 45 minutes to have it serviced, as I will only have Tim work on my car from now on.

The service technicians gave me false warnings on my car, and they tried to get out of work that needed to be done that was covered under the warranty.

I'm not saying everyone that works there is bad, but when you've taken your car there 6 times and each time you've gotten horrible service.... you learn never to go back and tell everyone you know not to do any business there.

Oh.. and when I went to look at buying an s2k 4 years ago... they refused to let me test drive their car. So I went next door and bought one
Old 10-31-2010, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by f00dstamps,Oct 29 2010, 03:32 PM
Hey guys. I'm working through some issues with Frank Ancona Honda and the experience has been bad so far. If you guys could follow the thread and post some honest comments, that would go a long ways to giving the dealership their deserving good or bad publicity. I believe this is important for our community since this is a local dealership for many of you. Like I said, so far the experience has been bad but they have an opportunity to change my view if they start treating me like a valued customer.

I will also be providing a link to the thread below to Frank Ancona once the issue has been resolved.

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.ph...f=119&t=826379

Thank you.
Hello, I am sorry to hear you have had a bad experience. Is this car the Suzuka Blue sold recently off the used car lot? I remember hearing some of the conversation about your complaints with the soft top. I also did not hear any of the comments or conversations made between you and Chuck, only those between Shawn Wakeman and yourself. I can only say Shawn will go out of his way to help anyone and work on your side when fighting warranty claims.

A lot of the warranty issues are decided by our DPSM and not anyone that works for Frank Ancona. I know we are supposed to see the car in early November for a new top.

As for service, we rank higher than Lees Summit in CSI so hopefully these experiences are limited to only a few. I work for Frank Ancona as many of you know. If you have any complaints as to how the car is serviced, just ask for me to do the work next time. I take pride in my quality of work and certainly have a passion for S2000s. It is certainly up to the customer to decide where to service their cars. Again, please feel free to contact the service manager first with any complaints as I have witnessed him bending over backwards on countless occasions.

Good luck!
Old 10-31-2010, 06:36 PM

I believe the OP's complaint with Frank Ancona centers on the fact that the car was sold to him w/ a clean record, but it appears the car has been in previous accidents and/or repairs. I don't believe its related to any soft top issues.

Edit: From the OP's thread, the car was purchased back in 2008?
Old 10-31-2010, 06:46 PM

If thats the case then Im thinking of a different car. Cant say Im in the loop for things back in 2008 much. As for service, Tim Herron is a great guy and would definitely recommend him. Im sure he would do the same for me. Good luck with everything.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:29 AM

Thanks for the comments guys. It looks like I'm not alone in my experience. We'll see what happens once they return my phone call today. Hopefully this other manager will treat me with a little more respect.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:55 AM

I updated the thread that is referenced in the first post.