MidWest S2000 Club Kansas, Nebraska, the Dakotas, Missouri, Iowa, and Minnesota

Dyno day

Old 02-27-2006, 06:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dyno day

Well it seems everyone is interested in a dyno day, so I'll get started on trying to get it together.
Past dyno days I have been involved w/ cost apx $35 to $40 per person and each person got 2 back to back pulls. I'll be sure that we select an AWD dyno so that everyone in our group can get accurate #'s. Possibly Diemen Motorsports.
So what I need is a count of who all is interested. Once I have a set count, I'll look into pricing and dates. More than likely we will have to do it on a Saturday... We will shoot for late March, but that may not be feasible. April we have HPT planned on the 12th for all who can make it, and in May we have the Scenic drive for those planning on attending... So this could get pushed as far out as June...

Depending on time and interest I may throw a Plaza run in w/ possibly dinner or lunch afterwards. Can we say Cheesecake Factory?

Post if interested.
Old 02-27-2006, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by day1si,Feb 27 2006, 03:05 PM
Well it seems everyone is interested in a dyno day, so I'll get started on trying to get it together.
Past dyno days I have been involved w/ cost apx $35 to $40 per person and each person got 2 back to back pulls. I'll be sure that we select an AWD dyno so that everyone in our group can get accurate #'s. Possibly Diemen Motorsports.
So what I need is a count of who all is interested. Once I have a set count, I'll look into pricing and dates. More than likely we will have to do it on a Saturday... We will shoot for late March, but that may not be feasible. April we have HPT planned on the 12th for all who can make it, and in May we have the Scenic drive for those planning on attending... So this could get pushed as far out as June...

Depending on time and interest I may throw a Plaza run in w/ possibly dinner or lunch afterwards. Can we say Cheesecake Factory?

Post if interested.
Since Dieman is in Lee's Summit, I'd likely be able to attend depending the day. I probably won't dyno, however.
Old 02-27-2006, 11:28 AM

In
Old 02-27-2006, 12:57 PM

IN!
Old 02-27-2006, 04:01 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

I might be able to make it.

I won't put her on the dyno. It will just disappoint me.
Old 03-01-2006, 06:43 AM

You know I am in plus 2 . My buddies will do it as well I am sure.
Old 03-01-2006, 12:06 PM

Well there are 2 AWD dynos that I know of in KC, Diemen and Imagine Auto...
Word I have gotten is that Jake (Diemen) will be moving out of his shop shortly so that leaves us w/ one.
Imagine gave me an initial quote of $75 per person. This is 2 pulls w/ print out. This is also assuming we have 10 to 12 people dynoing.

So if we care to accommodate our AWD friends, we are going to have to pay the price. We are also going to need to get more folks participating. Once I know we have at least 10 or more folks I will respond to Imagine and try to get the price per person down... Although I highly doubt we will get below $60 ~ $65
Currently definites would be:
Cul8er
S2Kfanatic
Fran ~ S2k and AWD (I asume plus 2 is both of your cars?)
Joe
Will
Angel (hasn't responded, but I'm sure he's in)
Myself

So that's 7 of us thus far at 8 cars if Fran does both his S and Evo. We still need a few more folks.

If we went w/ a 2wd dyno and another shop we could probably get more reasonable rates, but then that leaves a few folks out, or making them detach driveshafts and getting skewed dyno #'s...
2wd dyno considerations would be Nu~Image, MC Racing, or Supertune.
Old 03-01-2006, 04:11 PM

Dyno Day....if this moves to June, many of the weekends we are either at the Lake, or here for an Autocross Event that is scheduled for Sunday.

For example, the weekend of Jun 17 - 18, we will proabably be here in Kansas City for the event scheduled for Jun 18 at Arrowhead.

I'm in as long as we are in town that weekend.

http://www.kcrscca.org/solo/schedule/2006/

Joe
Old 03-01-2006, 04:27 PM

Please post your results! (when they're available)
Old 03-02-2006, 06:08 AM

Yeah, I would like to dyno both cars, who knows I may have my other Nissan ready for a dyno pull, that would put us to 3 , crap! I will need another driver!

Quick Reply: Dyno day