MidWest S2000 Club Kansas, Nebraska, the Dakotas, Missouri, Iowa, and Minnesota

Dreams do come true....

Old 03-29-2007, 10:35 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Dreams do come true....

Well, you know, yesterday after getting home from work at about 9:30 am and finishing three straight days of overnight shifts at work I was pondering what to do. 'Should I go to sleep? I work at 2 pm on Thursday so I am going to need to sleep well on Wednesday night. Should I call up newsman and see if he is up for some track time at Sadler's?'. The sun popped out at about 10:15 am and my mind was made up. Its going to be a gorgous day, and I am not going to waste it. What a gorgous day it turned out to be.

Marcus and I met up and did some serious racin' at Sadlers. He only lapped me 4 times!!!! (by the way Marcus, thanks for making sure the others partaking in the fun knew that you were a far superior driver ). Afterwards, Marcus says, "Hey, I was going to head out south and check out this new Ferrari shop. I called them and they told me if I came out there I could take a tour". What car junky in their right mind is going to turn down that opportunity? Not this one, that is fo sho.

Sitting outside the shop: '70 Chevelle 396 SS, '05 Ferrari F430-F1, BMW Z8, '03 Ferrari 360 Modena. Inside the shop: '06 Porsche Cayenne Turbo, '03 Evo VIII, '85 Ferrari 308, and the big daddy of the day: '89 Ferrari F40. Later pulled into the garage: Porsche 555 Spyder aka "James Dean Special"....180 hp, 900 pound screamer.

While standing outside in front of my dream car, the F430, one of the incredibly hospitable gentleman showing us around says to me while pointing at the F430, "That's your dream car??" Me: "Oooohhh yeah." Him: "Hop in." Yep, that's right boys and girls. I got to ride co-pilot in a $225K Italian dream that no words can appropriately describe. Taking a 90 degree turn at 60 mph was fun though. She slid a bit, but the Bridgestone RE-050s quickly grabbed and recovered. 80 mph to 0 mph is very quick with a optional 20K ceramic brake upgrade. Wow. Just wow.

Marcus got to take a spin in the F40....but I will let him tell ya'll about that. I am fairly sure that no stereo, no climate controls probably did not bother him a bit.

Pics to follow, if I can figure out how to get them off of my camera phone onto my computer.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:51 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

A couple pics, not of the actual car I rode in...same paint and interior color though. It did have the F1 paddle shifters on the steering wheel and not the rare 6-speed manual.

Old 03-30-2007, 06:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sick!
Old 03-30-2007, 10:10 PM

LUCKY!!!!
Old 03-30-2007, 11:35 PM

damn......nice......
Old 03-31-2007, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by FearlessFife,Mar 30 2007, 12:35 AM
Well, you know, yesterday after getting home from work at about 9:30 am and finishing three straight days of overnight shifts at work I was pondering what to do. 'Should I go to sleep? I work at 2 pm on Thursday so I am going to need to sleep well on Wednesday night. Should I call up newsman and see if he is up for some track time at Sadler's?'. The sun popped out at about 10:15 am and my mind was made up. Its going to be a gorgous day, and I am not going to waste it. What a gorgous day it turned out to be.

Marcus and I met up and did some serious racin' at Sadlers. He only lapped me 4 times!!!! (by the way Marcus, thanks for making sure the others partaking in the fun knew that you were a far superior driver ). Afterwards, Marcus says, "Hey, I was going to head out south and check out this new Ferrari shop. I called them and they told me if I came out there I could take a tour". What car junky in their right mind is going to turn down that opportunity? Not this one, that is fo sho.

Sitting outside the shop: '70 Chevelle 396 SS, '05 Ferrari F430-F1, BMW Z8, '03 Ferrari 360 Modena. Inside the shop: '06 Porsche Cayenne Turbo, '03 Evo VIII, '85 Ferrari 308, and the big daddy of the day: '89 Ferrari F40. Later pulled into the garage: Porsche 555 Spyder aka "James Dean Special"....180 hp, 900 pound screamer.

While standing outside in front of my dream car, the F430, one of the incredibly hospitable gentleman showing us around says to me while pointing at the F430, "That's your dream car??" Me: "Oooohhh yeah." Him: "Hop in." Yep, that's right boys and girls. I got to ride co-pilot in a $225K Italian dream that no words can appropriately describe. Taking a 90 degree turn at 60 mph was fun though. She slid a bit, but the Bridgestone RE-050s quickly grabbed and recovered. 80 mph to 0 mph is very quick with a optional 20K ceramic brake upgrade. Wow. Just wow.

Marcus got to take a spin in the F40....but I will let him tell ya'll about that. I am fairly sure that no stereo, no climate controls probably did not bother him a bit.

Pics to follow, if I can figure out how to get them off of my camera phone onto my computer.
could you possibly be talking about these cars?????

Old 03-31-2007, 11:30 PM

I need a cigarette.
Old 04-01-2007, 02:27 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Thats the place!!!
Old 04-01-2007, 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by FearlessFife,Apr 1 2007, 04:27 AM
Thats the place!!!
we have started a series of "fun runs" about once a week. You should come to the next one today at about 2pm...pm me or call me for undisclosed location.

I am still waiting to see the so rumored Saleen S7 that someone supposedly has in town... I have yet to see one in person.

Fun runs rock!!

Old 04-01-2007, 08:13 PM

All I will say is this: The f40 absolulely took my breath away! It is literally a street-legal race car. I've never been a car that gave me goose bumps and made my heart skip a beat like this supercar----the sound was euphoric, the ride was rough, but reassuring---you knew the car was planted to the ground. Did I mention the sound?! The car really has a "Soul" and I don't mean that lightly. The 15 minute ride left me all gittery!!! I challenge anybody to find a street legal car more awe-inspiring than the F40. If you do, holla at me and let a brotha drive it, HAHA! Anyways, the car was awesome---it really is my dream car. However, I don't know if the Good Lord wants me to have one right now----there's only one for sale! And I need to wait for my insurance to go down anyway.

Quick Reply: Dreams do come true....