MidWest S2000 Club Kansas, Nebraska, the Dakotas, Missouri, Iowa, and Minnesota

Do you plan to do an Autocross or Track event?

Old 08-09-2009, 12:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by z-nigma,Aug 9 2009, 12:40 AM
The realistic chance of you hitting anything other than cones at autoX is slim to none. I honestly wouldn't be worried about a thing like that at all. Track days are a bit different, but autoX lots are generally big enough, spread out enough, and low-speed enough to where you can't really manage to hit anything unless something goes DRASTICALLY wrong.

Come on out and have a good time!
For example:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CP7RSQkavLo [/media]
Old 08-09-2009, 01:40 PM

thanks for the encouragement marcus, wasnt there another with a borrowed ferrari and a concrete road divider? but i guess that is pretty
drastic
Old 08-09-2009, 04:45 PM

haha, I'm sorry dude----I saw the video for the first time last week and was like WHAT-THE-H?! I should have picked a "happier" video.

On the flipside:

There's one video where a guy passes over the finish line, puts his hand in the air, and clinches his fist with authority! Seems as though he had just beat his personal record or something. Not sure if he finished first or what, but you could tell it didn't matter to him---he had fun and accomplished something! What a great feeling that is!!!
Old 08-09-2009, 06:09 PM

The ferrari accident was that actor who was testing an Enzo out for Redline as a promotional stunt, and somehow he had insane understeer and demolished the front end haha
Old 08-09-2009, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by z-nigma,Aug 9 2009, 12:41 AM
The front sway bar does not remove you from A Stock. In fact, most of the national champs run the Gendron bar last I heard.
The previous owner of my car won the A-stock National Championship in what is now my car. That's why it's in there. I'm not sure if you're aware, but I'm the one who you talked to at Saddlers the day after our meet.
Old 08-09-2009, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Gamble,Aug 9 2009, 06:58 PM
The previous owner of my car won the A-stock National Championship in what is now my car. That's why it's in there. I'm not sure if you're aware, but I'm the one who you talked to at Saddlers the day after our meet.
Very cool! You should bring that bad boy out sometime!

And in regards to autoX crashes... in all honesty, for the *most* part, it will take some silly driving to have any sort of accident. That 350Z is a prime example of that... someone trying to be billy badass and go entirely too fast without nearly enough skill. Use your head, and nothing like that will happen.
Old 08-10-2009, 03:02 PM

Gamble...who was the previous owner of your car?
Old 08-10-2009, 03:13 PM

Anne Vogal(sp) From what I've heard from Tim and Jake, she's kinda an auto cross legend. I believe she's from Oklahoma.
Old 08-10-2009, 03:50 PM
Administrator
Admin
Community Organizer

Received 191 Likes on 151 Posts

No sh!t? In that case, I've ridden in that car once and seen it in action many times! That girl can friggin autocross! I vaguely remember that one time I rode with her, she said "just don't scream".
Old 08-10-2009, 04:31 PM

last autocross i was in was at the GM proving grounds in midland michigan at the "black lake" which is the largest expanse of asphalt you have ever seen in your life, and called the black lake because geese somtimes think its a lake and take a bumpy landing on it.

we were driving a modified austin america which is like the big cousin to the
mini cooper (the real one, not bmw) that car could not be rolled for anything with its hydroelastic suspension. it took all fear away of taking corners too fast . too bad it didnt have the power of the s2k, more like the power of the
s600 with the rev limiter set at 4k.

Quick Reply: Do you plan to do an Autocross or Track event?