Mid-A Swap Meet Member Classified Ads in the Mid-A Region

2004 Honda S2000 NFR AP2 / Price: $10,500

Old 11-14-2011, 09:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Honda S2000 NFR AP2 / Price: $10,500

Hey guys,

I have finally decided that it is time to put my S2000 up for sale. It has a clean title and has never been in an accident. I have owned this car since 2008. When I got it, it had a little over 99K miles. It has been babied since it has been in my hands. Currently, it has a little over 135k miles. It is my daily so miles will go up but not by much. I drive it very cautiously and it has never been beaten on. I am in the market for a bigger car and we are looking to grow out family so this car will just not cut it.

The car to me is perfect condition for the price that I am asking. It has been meticulously taken care of. I do an oil change ever 2,500 miles and use 93 all the time. All the fluids are fresh and have receipts to prove it. I have a binder of every little thing that has ever been done to it. I have the Carfax as well when I got it showing that it was well taken care of by the previous owners. It was owned by a service manager in Northern VA.

A few things that have been done to it maintenance wise. The original clutch was replaced when I bought it so its only has about 36k miles. I replaced it with an OEM clutch, PP, Flywheel and the trans fluid was done at the same time. It had a valve adjustment at 127,915. It had the valve cover gasket and grommets replaced at the same time. It had an alignment done in the last 5K miles. The spark plugs were replaced at 100K w/ NGKs. The serpentine belt was done Feb 2010. I had an oil analysis done by Blackstone Labs and they said they did not see any problems with the motor and my OCI was right on point. It had new ATE front rotors and pads put on in 12/09 w/ 116,950 miles on it. It was done by Cory, a reputable S2000 mechanic in Hampton Roads. I recently replaced the softop, frame and motors with one from a 2006 that only had around 26k miles on it. The top is in mint condition. Got is from //steve\\ (forum member)

The mods that have been done are tasteful and makes the car that much more fun. It has a K&N FIPK, Berk 63MM Test Pipe, Whiteline FSB, Whiteline Xbrace,Excedium Diff Collars, Blue Convex mirrors, Coastal Metal Front Splitter and its dropped on Espelir springs. I will include the OEM Cat Converter, Factory side mirrors, OEM shift knob, and FSB along with the sale.

As far as sounds, it has an Alpine head unit w/ iPod hookup and Alpine speakers as well that are two years old.

I recently detailed the car myself and have it about 60% corrected. The paint shines really nicely. I think a few more passes with a Porter Cable and it will look new.

Now that bad things. They are very minor but I believe in a full disclosure. It has a few dings that can be easily taken out with PDR. The driver's side mat has holes in it. The valve cover needs to be repainted. The paint has flaked over time. Thats about all that is wrong with it.

I could go on and on about this that I have done to make its car as close to perfect. I am pretty anal about my car and want the next owner to enjoy a car that was well taken care for. Thats why I have a binder with tabs that include all the maintenance and parts that have ever been bought for the car.

If you have any questions, please feel to PM and ask.

Thank you for looking!
Old 11-14-2011, 09:27 AM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

nooooooo.

If you have to go 4dr I'm going to have to suggest a WRX or STi. The newer WRXs are so close to on par with the first STi we saw back in 04 if it better fits the budget. Plus the WRX now looks fairly identical. Between my two Subarus I've owned I've put over 100k miles on them and not a single issue. It's been every bit as reliable as my Honda.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:20 AM

Yeah I have definitely been looking at the WRX/STi. I have looked at EVOs as well. It will really have to come dwon to what is suitable for the family.

I know I can get back into another s2000 anytime. I am hoping I don't miss it so much that I come back list most.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:47 AM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

You will but then again you might find you enjoy the AWD turbo setup better. All of them are great cars. I've had two of each and I truly enjoy the s2000 more especially now that I have a daily driver.

As much as I like my Subarus I'd be tempted to try out an Evo next time around. The motor is better and the steering input/feel is better but that's about where it ends. In my opinion every thing else about the Subaru is better between fit and finish and reliability. I also feel like it's a bit easier to find a good Subaru in good shape. Th Evos seem to be beat on a lot more. I still haven't figured it out yet but they also seem to fetch a slightly higher price. I had strongly considered it when I was looking after I sold the first s2k but the only ones that seemed good enough were overpriced.

Who knows, some day I might change my mind again.......if I could find my first WRX and it was still in decent shape I'd pick it up in a heart beat. I loved that car.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:54 AM

I can certainly understand the situation, good luck. Seems like a great price.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:32 AM

Received 228 Likes on 143 Posts

Hate to see it go, but I'm interested in scavenging a few of those goodies. Let me know if you're willing to part any of the mods out for a more OEM sale. I'm willing to do the labor and provide the location if that's a concern.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:10 PM

Aaron, I'm going to see if I can get asking price for the car first. I have had one email so far about looking at it but we all know how tire kickers are. If I can't get a good selling price, I will let go of the parts that the community is looking for.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:51 PM

Received 228 Likes on 143 Posts

Also, I have a 2010 STi if you want to take a look at it in a way in which you won't get to at a dealership.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by e3opian
Also, I have a 2010 STi if you want to take a look at it in a way in which you won't get to at a dealership.
I appreciate the offer. Its going to suck to leave such a good community. I will definitely keep that in mind. Thanks!
Old 11-15-2011, 02:25 AM

Would you consider parting out the spoiler and lip?

Quick Reply: 2004 Honda S2000 NFR AP2 / Price: $10,500