Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

WTB: AP1 Driver's Side Taillight

Old 11-11-2005, 10:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB: AP1 Driver's Side Taillight

Someone apparently hit my rear taillight with a ball or rock or I don't know nor care. Anyway, it is cracked down the center and I sure as hell know I didn't do it. If anyone has just one taillight or a whole set, I want.

Thanks!
Old 11-11-2005, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by iammike,Nov 11 2005, 03:09 PM
Someone apparently hit my rear taillight with a ball or rock or I don't know nor care. Anyway, it is cracked down the center and I sure as hell know I didn't do it. If anyone has just one taillight or a whole set, I want.

Thanks!
I think there is a difference between '01 and '02 tail lights. Do the '01's have the metal ring around the circular lens? My '02 does.
Old 11-11-2005, 11:01 AM

Chris, its the 02+ that have the chrome ring inside the tail light. The 00 & 01' are just regular black.

I have a set of the 00' Tail Lights sitting in my attic right now. They were the originals on the car that are badly faded, I purchased a new set of tail lights and have been using them ever sinces. They are covered under the factory recall, however I have been too lazy to take my new ones out to put old ones back in & have them fixed. Now my car is un-driveable so I definitely can't do it.

If you are interested in a set of rather badly faded ones, I'm your man!!

Old 11-11-2005, 11:34 AM

i'm totally interested. i wonder if they'll look at my vin and say "oh hell no?" i could of course plead ignorance and say my car came with them and how f'd up them denying my claim is... anyone have experience with this? i think my '01s will eventually fade too, no? i think the faded ones go for like $40+ shipping on ebay... let me know what you want.
Old 11-11-2005, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by iammike,Nov 11 2005, 04:34 PM
i'm totally interested. i wonder if they'll look at my vin and say "oh hell no?" i could of course plead ignorance and say my car came with them and how f'd up them denying my claim is... anyone have experience with this? i think my '01s will eventually fade too, no? i think the faded ones go for like $40+ shipping on ebay... let me know what you want.
Honestly - I do not think that they will fix them under the recall since you do not have a VIN within their recall letter.
However if you are in a rush I am sure we can work out something. If you are willing to wait a few months I can get them covered under my recall letter.

Let me know.
Old 11-11-2005, 11:40 AM

if you're willing to do that for me that'd be awesome, but i may have found a pair by then... if you're gonna to do the recall anyway then no harm done.
Old 11-11-2005, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by iammike,Nov 11 2005, 04:40 PM
if you're willing to do that for me that'd be awesome, but i may have found a pair by then... if you're gonna to do the recall anyway then no harm done.
Give me a second. I am calling over to my Honda Store to see if I can work something out with the tail lights for you.

Should have an answer in a little bit.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:05 PM

I sware Honda is freaking retarded.

Me, "Yes sir, I have an 00' S2000 that was covered under the Honda Recall for Fading Tail Lights. Unfortunately I am rebuilding my motor and my car is fully un-driveable. Can I bring in my recall letter, tail lights and registration card showing my VIN to have it fixed under the recall?"

Him, "No, we will need the entire car."

Apparently they need the entire freaking car to fix something INSIDE the tail light.

Old 11-11-2005, 03:27 PM

haha that is hilarious. i appreciate your effort. i believe they're actually just replacing the tails, not repairing them.
Old 11-11-2005, 03:37 PM

From what I understand they just re-apply a new dye inside the tail light that is less prone to fading.

Either way, if you are interested in this set do let me know. They are faded though - I do want to give you a heads up warning. I saw a set in the "For Sale" Forum a bit ago... *goes to search*

Okay, the thread is here. Apparently they go for $95 shipped on Ebay, he is selling his for $70 OBO.

Let me know what you think is fair. In the meantime I am going to gather up some newspaper & try to find a box that will fit these things.

Quick Reply: WTB: AP1 Driver's Side Taillight