Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

What is the most central location for the Mid-Atlantic Region?

Old 03-07-2004, 06:02 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,967 Likes on 1,754 Posts

Even though Culpeper appears to be the geographical center, it really isn't the center for most members, the majority of whom live Northeast and Southeast of there. Of course Culpeper, as Dave said, might offer some great roads to drive on and interesting places to eat/hang out.
Old 03-07-2004, 07:23 AM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by S2KTerpNut
As Matt said, be sure to only include serious owners since otherwise the analysis will be skewed. Just my $.02.
Very true. And if a poll is taken, it only really surveys those who look at the thread and vote.

Fact is, some folks will travel out of their area and some don't. Some folks show up to everything humanly possible while others attend nothing. And sadly, it seems as though some have drawn a line between the "north" and "south," refusing to associate with the other.

My take(and I could be wrong) is that people will show up to a meet if they perceive it to be of value/interest to them without regard to location. Look at the Dragon(airgate's baby) and Fall Colors(Rick's baby). Each year, those events grow in size. Why? Great planning, great driving, social time, great planning, great stories, information dissemination(sp?), and great planning! People don't bail on those events because their car might get wet or it's on the chilly side. They're fun regardless of the elements. For heaven's sake, people travel more than 10 hours to get to the Dragon!

The Mid-Atlantic section of the country is fairly large in terms of driving time, not necessarily in terms of miles. We have the Mixing Bowl to partially thank for that. Folks that work in the DC area and have to sit in traffic 5 days a week probably don't want to get snarled in it again returning from a meet. Very understandable. Likewise, I haven't heard of anyone boasting that the NoVA/DC/Baltimore area has super roads to play on. I know there are a few, but maybe not enough together to satisfy our cravings! Geographical center won't work in most cases. Picking a spot that might generate the greatest number of attendees and allow the event(s) to woo folks is probably the best bet.

New or inactive folks might be more likely to attend a "close by" meeting. If they do come out, . The more the merrier! But for me, I just like to drive the S. I don't care if it's driving 35 mph or 135 mph.

See you at the next meet- Mid-A Mod Day April 4, 2004! Modding is not a requirement to show up and kick some tires(just don't kick mine!)!