Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Want to test drive your s2k

Old 10-13-2008, 11:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hard to find someone to let "test" their baby and you wouldn't want to just drive it around u want to open it up to get a feel for

I recommend looking harder around locally in ads and go to dealers, search online inventories etc. its just not possible that there aren't many s2ks around your area they are everywhere

Also PM DRWRX he went from a wrx to an s2k although don't listen to him about getting an ap1, get an ap2 lol
Old 10-13-2008, 12:06 PM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

haha. Yeah I'm just getting tired of the wrx and everything else I want to do is major $$$$ the s2k looks great and handles well. Thats what I'm looking for. I'm only considering the AP2. I have no interest in the AP1
Old 10-13-2008, 12:07 PM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 10-13-2008, 12:19 PM

i really dont mind letting a fellow s2k owner drive my car to test out certain things (like certain mods on my car). but i have a hard time allowin any stranger to touch it - especailly if they want to open it up. the shifter alone is the scary part - a misshift (very likely to a newb who has not driven this car b4) = blown engine
i've not even gotten to the part about the twitchiness and how the rear end like to come around...

i recommend that u look harder at dealerships. they WILL let u if u r serious so u just need to be convincing - bring ur bank statement if u have to...

i got my first taste when a friend let me drive it around since there was no parking while he stepped away for a while... i neva 4got about it and couldnt shake the bug ever since
Old 10-13-2008, 12:30 PM

Whats wrong with AP1's? I would recommend that you test drive both AP1 and AP2 before you purchase.
Old 10-13-2008, 12:35 PM

Here. Found this on auto trader. I think he's local to you.
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=p...=3&rdpage=thumb
Old 10-13-2008, 12:43 PM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by GPWonTan,Oct 13 2008, 12:19 PM
i really dont mind letting a fellow s2k owner drive my car to test out certain things (like certain mods on my car). but i have a hard time allowin any stranger to touch it - especailly if they want to open it up. the shifter alone is the scary part - a misshift (very likely to a newb who has not driven this car b4) = blown engine
i've not even gotten to the part about the twitchiness and how the rear end like to come around...

i recommend that u look harder at dealerships. they WILL let u if u r serious so u just need to be convincing - bring ur bank statement if u have to...

i got my first taste when a friend let me drive it around since there was no parking while he stepped away for a while... i neva 4got about it and couldnt shake the bug ever since
No what I was trying to say above is that I didn't want to drive one to open it up. I just wanted to go easy through the gears. Just normal driving to see how it feels.

I've got a wrx and I'm used to the whole be careful of the gearbox thing. I wouldn't do anything with someone elses car I wasn't willing to pay to fix. As my car sits now it is quite a bit faster than a stock s2k.

I'll give a dealer a shot but we'll see.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:52 PM

Letting you test drive an S2k for us is like saying let me test drive your girlfrienddd! lolll no offense but just buy a S2k but have in mind that you will lose some confortability that you may have with your wrx. Also you might just in case cosinder getting second car for the weekends when you go out with your buddies. That's what I did!!!! Good luck
Old 10-13-2008, 02:55 PM

There is one I know (real cool guy) that lives in Richmond and go to CDC autox all the time. Unfortunately I forgot his name, hopefully he'll look at the site and see your post.

GL on your test drive and just to give you a fair warning, don't be like me because the day I bought my S was just supposed to be a "test drive day". But 1 hour later I took her home .
Old 10-13-2008, 02:59 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Beepbeep,Oct 13 2008, 06:55 PM
...don't be like me because the day I bought my S was just supposed to be a "test drive day". But 1 hour later I took her home .
Me too!

Oh...and to the OP...sorry I have only a lowly AP1 .

Quick Reply: Want to test drive your s2k