Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Visiting Baltimore Saturday

Old 07-31-2008, 11:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have McCormick and Schmick's and also a couple Ruth's Chris here in Philly. About the buffet, we just want to binge and go nuts on seafood, basically trying to taste a little bit of everything seafood-wise.

I've been to one of the restaurants inside the harborplace (I think that's what it was) shops and there was a buffet, it was a variety buffet which I liked.

Here's a map of the area where I'll be.

More suggestions!! More more!

And thanks
Old 07-31-2008, 12:09 PM

Received 789 Likes on 477 Posts

Phillips in the inner harbor is so far :thumbdown: as big as of a thumbsdown i can give it.

g&m (recommended above) is good for crabcakes, you'll have to drive to it though.
Roy's in the Marriott Waterfront is excellent.
Blue Sea Grille in an area called PowerPlant Live is good.
As far as a seafood buffet, i'm not that sure of any in the area (maybe captain james or whatever the ship restaurant is in canton?)
Legal Seafood is also across from the harbor.
If you want Thai food, Thai Arroy in Federal Hill (righ up light street) is awesome (and inexpensive) and right across the street is Six by Ten (I think, I forget the name now) which is a "fancier" Thai place.
There are better places than Ruth Chris downtown, like Shula's steakhouse.

trying to think... uhmmm
Old 07-31-2008, 12:31 PM

Guess the buffet hunt is out of the question. Oh well, guess I'll have to menu order our food! So on to the seafood restaurant suggestions - I also don't wanna go to any chains that I could probably go to around my area. Thanks TepEvan for the long list and everyone else for helping. Still two days away so..more suggestions
Old 07-31-2008, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by TepEvan,Jul 31 2008, 04:09 PM
Phillips in the inner harbor is so far :thumbdown: as big as of a thumbsdown i can give it.

g&m (recommended above) is good for crabcakes, you'll have to drive to it though.
Roy's in the Marriott Waterfront is excellent.
Blue Sea Grille in an area called PowerPlant Live is good.
As far as a seafood buffet, i'm not that sure of any in the area (maybe captain james or whatever the ship restaurant is in canton?)
Legal Seafood is also across from the harbor.
If you want Thai food, Thai Arroy in Federal Hill (righ up light street) is awesome (and inexpensive) and right across the street is Six by Ten (I think, I forget the name now) which is a "fancier" Thai place.
There are better places than Ruth Chris downtown, like Shula's steakhouse.

trying to think... uhmmm
Legal seafood is closed and gone. Phillips is the only buffet around here, and is not all that bad, we are just spoiled.
Old 07-31-2008, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by harrrrry,Jul 31 2008, 04:31 PM
Guess the buffet hunt is out of the question. Oh well, guess I'll have to menu order our food! So on to the seafood restaurant suggestions - I also don't wanna go to any chains that I could probably go to around my area. Thanks TepEvan for the long list and everyone else for helping. Still two days away so..more suggestions
One of the better seafood sit down places is at the base of federal hill. Rusty Scupper, they have top notch food and atmosphere.
Old 07-31-2008, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by O-turn,Jul 31 2008, 03:34 PM
One of the better seafood sit down places is at the base of federal hill. Rusty Scupper, they have top notch food and atmosphere.
Rust Scupper

Is Federal Hill that area at the bottom of the map I posted? Is it walkable from the Aquarium without dying from heat?
Old 07-31-2008, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by harrrrry,Jul 31 2008, 04:39 PM
Rust Scupper

Is Federal Hill that area at the bottom of the map I posted? Is it walkable from the Aquarium without dying from heat?
Yep, Its over next to the Science Center on the map. Right on the water.
Old 07-31-2008, 01:05 PM

Sounds like Philips or Rust Scooper it is.

Since eating and Aquarium should take roughly only 3 hours or so, what else should I check out? I know you guys from the area don't find tourists destinations exciting but I'm pretty sure we will! I've basically walked around the water before - even went on the pedal boats Might do it again.

Old 07-31-2008, 01:09 PM

I think the Body Exhibit is in it's final weeks at the Science Center too if you are into that.
Old 07-31-2008, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by bcohan,Jul 31 2008, 04:09 PM
I think the Body Exhibit is in it's final weeks at the Science Center too if you are into that.
Am I allowed to touch??

Quick Reply: Visiting Baltimore Saturday