Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

VAFC installation at Evolution in VA

Old 01-24-2003, 07:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VAFC installation at Evolution in VA

Sup Jeff (If your reading this).

Thanks for trying to fit my VAFC. Unfortunately the thing came off while I was driving. Was pretty dissappointed by the condition and quality of the work (expecially for $240). The edges weren't sanded, and the cut was too big. But to other S2000 drivers with VAFC installed custom right behind the center console cup holder, there is a way to make the VAFC so tightly fit that it won't barely budge. I came home and played around with the VAFC a bit taking my center console off and on about a million time. Herez what to do:

Make sure the VAFC is exactly where you want it to be.

Snap the center console back in

Pull (towards you) the center console

This will snap the VAFC into the hole and won't budge

Of course this may not work with all installation but if your VAFC keeps falling under the console or is constantly wobbling around than itz worth it to try.

Jeff...Think I'll just BUY parts from you next time hahahahaha. Kidding..

Dave
Old 01-24-2003, 07:44 PM

I'll try to get pictures up as soon as possible...if my stupid camera can be found some where...

Tuner
Old 01-25-2003, 12:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dave, I'm reading this and finding it hard to believe that you are dissatisfied. But we warranty all of our installation and you can bring your car back and we can take care of anything that you are whining about for free of charge.
I find it hard to believe that the "VAFC just came off" I'm pretty sure it has to be leaning on or you have to hit it against it. But bring it back and I would like to see it. Because we have done too many of these for them to "just came off while someone is just driving".

Jeff
Old 01-25-2003, 12:35 PM

BTW, nextime when you come down to the shop. Please respect our rules here. We don't allow customer back in the shop and my installer were very upset at me when they are trying to cut and install you stuff. And you are constanly over their shoulder. I know you love and care about your car. But it's very hard for them to work on it when someone is over their shoulder.

Jeff
Old 01-25-2003, 01:27 PM

Itz very pathetic how you try to point out that I was back with my car as if my presence cause the fault in installation. Distractions are to be expected in a shop (I know cause I've worked in many of em). Also do you know that my center console was not even clicked in when you guys returned my car? I didn't mention that part for you and your shop's reputation. I also tried to post my point a view in a positive manner (I said thanks for trying) but you automatically resort to negative feed back. I wouldn't have to WHINE (as you say) if you idiots installed it right. It took me hours after I got home to get the VAFC in place and stay there. And no I wasn't pushing at the VAFC and even if I was it shouldn't have fallen out. I'll give you an advice. Next time how bout you actually do your job correctly so you wouldn't have to hear something like this in the first place. Think I want to drive to VA again cause of something you couldn't get it right in the first time? Not to mention the $240 INSTALLTION ONLY price you charged except the fact that I had to correct it later.

Tuner
Old 01-25-2003, 02:10 PM

Can't we all just get along
Old 01-25-2003, 02:11 PM

just sounds like a once in a million mistake (if even that) dave, i know u were satisfied but evo has a great reputation here on the board and local. hopefully things are resolved and i'm glad you got ur vafc in place! just a certain way of dealing with issues.

jeff : i will be seeing a lot of you since my car is comin on mon =D
dave: hopefully we can meet up since we're in the same city lol

sang
Old 01-25-2003, 02:12 PM

Originally posted by Gioire
Can't we all just get along
WHY ARE YUO ALL ONLINE?! SHOULDNT U BE WORKING LOL?
Old 01-25-2003, 04:21 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by HondaS2000Tuner
[B] I wouldn't have to WHINE (as you say) if you idiots installed it right.
Old 01-25-2003, 04:49 PM

I appologize for the name calling. That was my big mistake and shouldn't have let my anger mix with my thinking. I apologize again. Your service is greatly appriciated and always will be.

As price is concerned. Yes, considering my age and the pay that are offered to me, money has always been an issue. As for the credit card max, that proves how tight my budget is. I take in great concern over my car for I've saved little over 2 years to purchase one. Which lead to my complaints and concerns. But I was able to pay off the costs. Besides that price maybe low in VA but I was offered 180 for the same installation...I just didn't feel like waiting another week which was the fastest the other shop had an opening for me.

You and your shop's reputation was never in my intend to hurt. The thread was originally posted to inform other S2000 drivers who may suffer the same problem as my installation. I assume you were offended by my quote saying I was dissappointed by the quality of work. Let it be known that I included that to express my opinion. And to others I'd like to remind you that the comment is just one man's opinion. Go with the shop's reputation.

Yes, I did bring it into your shop to get it installed not because I was unable to but because I no longer work at a auto shop. I have no access to dremel tools or the instructions on VAFC connections as you do. I only have access to small tools which are useless in most auto installations (few screw drivers). Please don't insult my abilty to work on cars for I've always done my own work whenever I could. Maybe my previous record of attendence and graduation from a tech school in PA will change your mind.

I'm sorry that things had to turn out this way. Hopfully in later future this situation can be forgotten and be laughed at. As for now, at least, let's not frown in each other's faces.

Tuner

Quick Reply: VAFC installation at Evolution in VA