Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

TSCC May Autocross, Tough Course

Old 05-18-2010, 05:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NoDelta,May 17 2010, 10:31 PM
That's a good looking run Jeff - especially through that last set of cones on the main slalom!
My best time during the day was a 74.9.
I managed to get it down (once) to a 73.642 during the fun runs.
I couldn't get the link to work - I registered with autocross.us and found the file, but just got errors when I clicked on it (same errors I got clicking the link above) - are the official times available elsewhere?

Also - someone (I *think* he was one of the TSSC officers named Mike) came up to me during the fun runs and told me that I`m not supposed to be registered as STX. I politely told them I had no idea what he was talking about - what's that mean? What am I supposed to be?

I was definitely burnt at the end of the day - had to put the top up for the drive home and hide from the sun.

Mike
Silver AP2 #127
These results should work for you.

http://www.tidewatersportscarclub.com/resu...2010/100516.htm
Old 05-18-2010, 06:28 AM

Jeff,

Is there a particular reason you run in the third heat? My original thinking was if I ran in the 1rst heat, the course would still be fresh in my mind from walking it. Now I'm starting to think I could benifit from seeing others run the course.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:34 AM

Great job Jeff! Looking fast. That looks like a great place to AutoX…Are you ready for the Divisional?
Old 05-18-2010, 06:34 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

One word:

BANANAS

That lay-out looked Crazy.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by eric1971,May 18 2010, 09:28 AM
Jeff,

Is there a particular reason you run in the third heat? My original thinking was if I ran in the 1rst heat, the course would still be fresh in my mind from walking it. Now I'm starting to think I could benifit from seeing others run the course.
There are a couple reasons I run in the third heat.

- While course walk is fresh in your mind in the first heat, you actually get to see what works best, just in case you are wrong about what you think is fastest.

- Debris is usually cleared; sand, water etc and a thin coat of rubber is laid down

- Its usually the hottest time of the day; this can actually work against you as most thunderstorms occur in the afternoon in summer. Race rubber likes heat, the hottest of days means you'll need to control heat though.

- Locally, the fastest drivers drive in heat 3. I try to run against the best so I can work with them and learn from them, while I try to rip them apart. Seriously, its great, and friendly, competition. Running against the same people every time can give you a good comparison.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by an2ny,May 18 2010, 09:34 AM
Great job Jeff! Looking fast. That looks like a great place to AutoX…Are you ready for the Divisional?
Thanks! Yes, it is a great spot with actual bathrooms, water fountain, shady indoors with big screen for watching F1, the Navy comes out and grills all kinds of stuff for really low prices, the concrete is perfect and the view is fantastic. It really does have it all.

As for the divisional, no, not ready. I've gotta syke myself up to run fast, I was hoping to have a great weekend this past weekend so I could go into the event with added confidence. I've also decided to order fresh Hoosiers. Right now I'm trying to decide if I have time to do the graphics on the car.

How about you?
Old 05-18-2010, 10:40 AM

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Jeff - I was lined up for a fun run when I talked to Mike - he probably didn't want to hold me up. I told him it was my first time and I had no idea what he was talking about and we talked a little about first impressions, then that was it.
When I reigstered - I told them that I was a BStock Novice, so I have no idea where the STX came from. The car is bone stock.
Old 05-18-2010, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Apeatwo,May 18 2010, 07:26 AM
Thanks! Yes, it is a great spot with actual bathrooms, water fountain, shady indoors with big screen for watching F1, the Navy comes out and grills all kinds of stuff for really low prices, the concrete is perfect and the view is fantastic. It really does have it all.

As for the divisional, no, not ready. I've gotta syke myself up to run fast, I was hoping to have a great weekend this past weekend so I could go into the event with added confidence. I've also decided to order fresh Hoosiers. Right now I'm trying to decide if I have time to do the graphics on the car.

How about you?
I want to practice some more and play with the suspension, but I see rain this weekend also I would like to install my Sparco seats on the car, but I can not get rails that works the way I want to.