Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

TSCC May Autocross, Tough Course

Old 05-17-2010, 12:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TSCC May Autocross, Tough Course

The day started off wet but by the time cars were ready to run the course was mostly dry. It turned out to be a beautiful day and the course was fast and technical.

Mid-A represented well with 5 S2ks registered. Eric ran his first full event, Mike drove down from MD for his first event, Dan finally made it back out and got to really give his race rubber a go, and James did well as he's becoming a regular to the local s2k autocross scene.

This is video of my fastest regulation run. I was having a little trouble getting a clean run and wasn't happy with my driving at all. I was able to knock a little time off in fun runs but still wasn't entirely happy.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAFn0537iP0 [/media]

Results should be up soon.
Old 05-17-2010, 12:37 PM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

^your car looks like it has an insane amount of grip! I thought a few times that you just weren't going to make the turn but sure enough you had it every time.
Old 05-17-2010, 02:30 PM

I had a hard time learning to trust the race rubber limits. I know I could have shaved more time off. I should have stayed for the fun runs and pushed it more but I look like a burnt piece of chicken. It was a great time tho and I really liked that course. Next event will be fun
Old 05-17-2010, 03:12 PM

sjs0433,

It does, I'm truely amazed how well these cars handle with very little prep. I'm on a stock suspension too. Hoosiers, Gendron Bar and aggressive alignment, thats it.

The car pulled 1.48 gs on asphalt with this setup.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Danabis,May 17 2010, 05:30 PM
I had a hard time learning to trust the race rubber limits. I know I could have shaved more time off. I should have stayed for the fun runs and pushed it more but I look like a burnt piece of chicken. It was a great time tho and I really liked that course. Next event will be fun
Once you learn to trust it you'll really put down some quick times. From the look of it you were running pretty quick already.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:56 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by sjs0433,May 17 2010, 03:37 PM
it has an insane amount of grip!
That's exactly what I was thinking when I got to ride along with Jeff last year. It was such an unreal feeling!
Old 05-17-2010, 04:50 PM

Results: (for some reason I can't add them to the first post.

http://www.autocross.us/forums/index.php?a...pe=post&id=1302
Old 05-17-2010, 05:18 PM

Congrats Dan for taking the "Novice" class win.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:31 PM

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

That's a good looking run Jeff - especially through that last set of cones on the main slalom!
My best time during the day was a 74.9.
I managed to get it down (once) to a 73.642 during the fun runs.
I couldn't get the link to work - I registered with autocross.us and found the file, but just got errors when I clicked on it (same errors I got clicking the link above) - are the official times available elsewhere?

Also - someone (I *think* he was one of the TSSC officers named Mike) came up to me during the fun runs and told me that I`m not supposed to be registered as STX. I politely told them I had no idea what he was talking about - what's that mean? What am I supposed to be?

I was definitely burnt at the end of the day - had to put the top up for the drive home and hide from the sun.

Mike
Silver AP2 #127
Old 05-18-2010, 04:26 AM

Thanks Mike, I'll look into the issue of the results.

I'm surprised Mike didn't offer to help class your car properly. I was going to mention this as noticed it in the results. STX is one of the street tire classes that the S doesn't qualify for. IIRC, your car is stock, correct? If so, your car should be in BS. If not, let me know whats done to the car and I'll help you class it. Then we can let them know to update the results.

Quick Reply: TSCC May Autocross, Tough Course