Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Tsb00-054

Old 07-15-2004, 01:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tsb00-054

I went to Jim coleman honda this morning 2nd time about TSB00-054 for my s00. Now they heard the buzz sound after I drove with a tech. Honda rep was there and service manager talked to Honda rep about TSB(because my00 out of warranty but still under 36k miles), however, Honda Rep wants more details from mechanic, so I am dropping my car on Monday.

So, does anybody know, what is the chance to get this TSB fixed for free?
Old 07-15-2004, 01:28 PM

Received 789 Likes on 477 Posts

I think this is dependent on the service manager more than anyone.

Maybe Andy or Jackie can chime in and give more info about this.

Was this TSB done previously and you're experiencing the same issue?
Old 07-15-2004, 01:35 PM

No, this is first time, I bought car like month before warranty expires(last year), but I never did the work.

I just replace Tail_light from them.
Old 07-23-2004, 05:42 PM
Sen

JC took my car for 4 weeks total, and finally did the tranny along with other TSBs. The result:
1. There was a squeak that they deny exists when I hit the clutch
2. The roof now leaks after they replaced the strikers (which they say is normal)
3. They didn't wash my car which they said they'd do
4. They clocked over 30 miles on my car.
5. And finally, they didn't take these two stripped screws oout that they say they would.
6. Oh, almost forgot- there is a plastic peice on the bottom of the dash along the passenger side- they broke it.

-Sen
Old 07-23-2004, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Sen,Jul 23 2004, 09:42 PM
JC took my car for 4 weeks total, and finally did the tranny along with other TSBs. The result:
1. There was a squeak that they deny exists when I hit the clutch
2. The roof now leaks after they replaced the strikers (which they say is normal)
3. They didn't wash my car which they said they'd do
4. They clocked over 30 miles on my car.
5. And finally, they didn't take these two stripped screws oout that they say they would.
6. Oh, almost forgot- there is a plastic peice on the bottom of the dash along the passenger side- they broke it.

-Sen

Nice...

Jean
Old 07-23-2004, 07:56 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Only thing I'll add is advice if they *are* willing to do the TSB. Ask them to clean your tranny bell-housing interior well while dismantled and to properly grease the throw-out bearing on its guide...or you'll get this in roughly 20K ...

...and after that much mileage and grit meeting with too much grease, you'll get a clutch pedal that likes to stick to the floor upon full engagement (and another trip into your clutch to replace the above guide ...
Old 07-27-2004, 04:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Which TSB is this?
Old 07-28-2004, 03:08 PM
Sen

Right you are, Dave. I recently went to Sport honda in Silver Spring (crusty run-down place) where the people actually listened to me, and fixed the problem in 10 MINUTES. In fact, they fixed that, removed the stripped screws, and put it on my warrenty even though it expired. They even told me that there was a bulliten out on the Honda network on 01-03 s2000s since Feb of this year which basically gave directions on how to lube that thing up- and specifically told the mechanic to check this when people complained of squeaking, and crunchy clutch feel.

I mean seriously... CMON JIM COLEMAN! I will not touch that dealership again with a 10 foot poll. I hear their main s2k guy left, and that is why the mechinic skill level dropped so much. Regardless, don't listen to what the trend seems to be- Jim Coleman is not as great as everyone says it is - my honest opinion.
Old 07-29-2004, 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by Sen,Jul 28 2004, 06:08 PM
Right you are, Dave. I recently went to Sport honda in Silver Spring (crusty run-down place) where the people actually listened to me, and fixed the problem in 10 MINUTES. In fact, they fixed that, removed the stripped screws, and put it on my warrenty even though it expired. They even told me that there was a bulliten out on the Honda network on 01-03 s2000s since Feb of this year which basically gave directions on how to lube that thing up- and specifically told the mechanic to check this when people complained of squeaking, and crunchy clutch feel.

I mean seriously... CMON JIM COLEMAN! I will not touch that dealership again with a 10 foot poll. I hear their main s2k guy left, and that is why the mechinic skill level dropped so much. Regardless, don't listen to what the trend seems to be- Jim Coleman is not as great as everyone says it is - my honest opinion.
Finally, Honda will do TSB for my00. I will dropping on this Monday...hope they could finish by end of the day. THeir service is better than Odonell's..At lease JC is willing to help, clean service area...well every dealer is same..they wants your money..

I will tell them to clean things up, I guess I need to print this up...

I was trying to replace Pressure plate and bearing, but they wants extra labor hours(did not quote yet), so I just replacing clutch I guess.
Old 07-29-2004, 04:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can someone tell me which TSB this is exactly?

Quick Reply: Tsb00-054