Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

TrackDaze HPDE on May 19-20, 2012

Old 03-20-2012, 09:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dirtycrabcakes
I am interested in the event, but I am also a bit scurred. I have never auto-crossed, or taken my car to the track and the lack of insurance makes me hesitant. In the details for the event it says that there's no insurance but your own for this event. I'm guessing that my normal car insurance won't cover anything if I wreck/damage my car - is this correct? Are there any other insurance options for these types of events through other sources?

Also, my car has Riken Raptors - they were on the car when I bought it used, so I have no idea how those tires compare to OEM.
You will need a supplemental insurance policy. Here are two options I know of:
http://hpdeins.locktonaffinity.com/Default.aspx
http://www.hartlandinsurancegroup.com/motorsport.html

They are not too expensive, but they do carry high deductibles. Most of us here have done many events over the years without ever getting into trouble. However, the risk is always present. That is why all organizations require beginners to have an instructor in the car with them - to make sure you don't get yourself in trouble.

If the tires are street legal and have enough thread you will be fine. It is not a timed competition. You drive at your own pace within your comfort zone.

Pedro
Old 03-20-2012, 09:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by guzman7
IN
What?! Mr. Guz is back! Now I may have to rush getting the car ready and consider this event more heavily.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Uncoolron
Originally Posted by guzman7' timestamp='1332198163' post='21524359
IN
What?! Mr. Guz is back! Now I may have to rush getting the car ready and consider this event more heavily.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PJCC
Originally Posted by dirtycrabcakes' timestamp='1332260765' post='21526717
I am interested in the event, but I am also a bit scurred. I have never auto-crossed, or taken my car to the track and the lack of insurance makes me hesitant. In the details for the event it says that there's no insurance but your own for this event. I'm guessing that my normal car insurance won't cover anything if I wreck/damage my car - is this correct? Are there any other insurance options for these types of events through other sources?

Also, my car has Riken Raptors - they were on the car when I bought it used, so I have no idea how those tires compare to OEM.
You will need a supplemental insurance policy. Here are two options I know of:
http://hpdeins.locktonaffinity.com/Default.aspx
http://www.hartlandinsurancegroup.com/motorsport.html

They are not too expensive, but they do carry high deductibles. Most of us here have done many events over the years without ever getting into trouble. However, the risk is always present. That is why all organizations require beginners to have an instructor in the car with them - to make sure you don't get yourself in trouble.

If the tires are street legal and have enough thread you will be fine. It is not a timed competition. You drive at your own pace within your comfort zone.

Pedro
Awesome - thanks for the info.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:45 AM

Received 228 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by dirtycrabcakes

I would recommend trying autocross between now and May 19 if you can. It's cheap and a great environment in which to learn car control. I don't mean to scare you but the worst can happen. The instructors and organizers do every thing they can to prevent it. There's a vehicle safety check list, there's classroom instruction before going out on track, and there will be an instructor riding shotgun with you.

The experience is generally indescribable. At least I am at a loss for words when I try to convey how amazing it is to drive your car on track.

Track Day Insurance thread: https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/934...day-insurance/
Old 03-21-2012, 02:46 PM

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by e3opian
Originally Posted by dirtycrabcakes' timestamp='1332260765' post='21526717

I would recommend trying autocross between now and May 19 if you can. It's cheap and a great environment in which to learn car control. I don't mean to scare you but the worst can happen. The instructors and organizers do every thing they can to prevent it. There's a vehicle safety check list, there's classroom instruction before going out on track, and there will be an instructor riding shotgun with you.

The experience is generally indescribable. At least I am at a loss for words when I try to convey how amazing it is to drive your car on track.

Track Day Insurance thread: https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/934...day-insurance/
^^^ Wise Words.
If you're looking to try out autocrosses, I`m a fan of the capital driving club. Great group of guys.

Just registered for this event!
Old 03-21-2012, 06:03 PM

I will probably instruct for this event. Heading to the Track Daze VIR May 5th & 6th event first. If you have a roll bar, come to VIR.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Budman05
I will probably instruct for this event. Heading to the Track Daze VIR May 5th & 6th event first. If you have a roll bar, come to VIR.
How do we request you as an instructor? It would be great to get instruction from an s2k driver.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by iLuveketchup' timestamp='[url="tel:1332382490"
1332382490[/url]' post='21532005]
[quote name='Budman05' timestamp='1332381816' post='21531973']
How do we request you as an instructor? It would be great to get instruction from an s2k driver.
[/quote]

You can use the TD e-mail and just request one of the S2000 guys. Hopefully, several of us will be there and they know who we are.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Budman05
Originally Posted by iLuveketchup' timestamp='[url="tel:1332382490"
1332382490[/url]' post='21532005]
[quote name='Budman05' timestamp='1332381816' post='21531973']
You can use the TD e-mail and just request one of the S2000 guys. Hopefully, several of us will be there and they know who we are.
[/quote]

Quick Reply: TrackDaze HPDE on May 19-20, 2012