Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Thanksgiving Day Citation

Old 11-24-2005, 03:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanksgiving Day Citation

I was driving to Thanksgiving dinner this afternoon when i was pulled over by the MD state police. They guy gets out and says that I was being pulled over for no front tag. When i asked how he knew i didn't have a tag he said that he saw I didn't have one when he passed me going the other direction. So this guy busts a u turn on a 2 lane road to come pull me over on Thanksgiving. It takes this ass clown 15 minutes to write the $60 citation. Once he said I was free to go I wished him happy holidays and pulled away. Sorry for the rant...just very angry.
Old 11-24-2005, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by SstoneS2k01,Nov 24 2005, 08:13 PM
I was driving to Thanksgiving dinner this afternoon when i was pulled over by the MD state police. They guy gets out and says that I was being pulled over for no front tag. When i asked how he knew i didn't have a tag he said that he saw I didn't have one when he passed me going the other direction. So this guy busts a u turn on a 2 lane road to come pull me over on Thanksgiving. It takes this ass clown 15 minutes to write the $60 citation. Once he said I was free to go I wished him happy holidays and pulled away. Sorry for the rant...just very angry.
That blows. Sorry to hear about your ticket, and the experience that went along with it. I'm guessing he was just pissed that he had to work on Thanksgiving and he was taking it out on you.

- Jeremy (jnn4v)
Old 11-24-2005, 04:44 PM

Shoot.. when I was with the PD, I loved working on the holidays. We would get double time and a half. Holidays are easy pickings. Sorry to hear Nick, about your ticket, but on holidays law enforcement are out in full force. But other than that, enjoy the holiday weekend!
Old 11-24-2005, 05:08 PM

sucks about the ticket, . . but i would have just laughed in his face with some comment like "good job, great to see that you are making a difference out there" .. . . just put your plate on, take a pic and go to court and have it dismissed

disclaimer: i ran no front plate for quite a while, .. i knew it was illegal, . i got a ticket for it ,.. .cant argue the premise behind the ticket bc i was technically breaking the law, .. but for a cop to go out of his way to write that one is just lame.
Old 11-24-2005, 05:31 PM

Received 195 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by brerspidur,Nov 24 2005, 09:08 PM
ust put your plate on, take a pic and go to court and have it dismissed
It's not a fix it ticket in Maryland so I don't think that will work. Plus my time is worth way more than $60.
Old 11-24-2005, 06:02 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah, that really does suck. Even if he was getting double time and a half, he might not have been too happy to work on a holiday when he could have been home w/ his family so he decided he should so something to make it worth the effort.

Why the hell doesn't MD just do away with the front plate anyway?? They could cut the expense of the metal, the pressing the numbers, the paint and painting of the plate etc. This would cut the cost of producing the plates in half, because they're only producing one plate.

They could also go to a one sticker program, w/ the month AND year on one sticker, cutting the cost of producing the sticker in half, saving the state a ton of money. But of course they wouldn't want to give us a discount on our vehicle registration. I'm actually okay with that, it would mean we wouldn't be required to have a front plate...okay jumping off my soapbox now.
Old 11-24-2005, 06:03 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

BTW, are there any points assessed for not having the front plate attached?

Warren
Old 11-24-2005, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by WarrenW,Nov 24 2005, 07:03 PM
BTW, are there any points assessed for not having the front plate attached?

Warren
nope.
Old 11-24-2005, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by WarrenW,Nov 24 2005, 10:02 PM
Yeah, that really does suck. Even if he was getting double time and a half, he might not have been too happy to work on a holiday when he could have been home w/ his family so he decided he should so something to make it worth the effort.
MD State Troopers are basically traffic cops. They do earn their living by giving out tickets. They don't get a kickback from every ticket persay but it is part of their evaluations and stats. So yes, he was doing his job. Was it dickish on Thanksgiving? Eh.. just because it's Thanksgiving it doesn't mean that it's a freebie for everyone to do what they want. No offense Nick, but you didn't have a front tag, you got a ticket and that's it. Yea it sucks you got the ticket, but when does it not suck when you anyone gets a ticket? So today is the same as any other day.
Old 11-25-2005, 04:18 AM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

Pay the ticket in pennies if it makes you feel better.

Quick Reply: Thanksgiving Day Citation