Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Taking a break

Old 08-31-2003 | 11:25 AM

Default Taking a break

Count me as a lurker from now on...

PM if you need anything..
Old 08-31-2003 | 12:18 PM

Dang.....

But I'de have to agree some of these changes are rediculous.

~Andrew
Old 08-31-2003 | 02:45 PM

Ummm.....what changes? Has something made you upset? Jon, PM me man....

- Andrew
Old 08-31-2003 | 03:15 PM

If you are talking about these changes, I don't see the problem with them.

Personally, I don't think non-members should be able to sell items on the board. If you want to sell you car in the Auto Trader, you don't get to list for free. If you want to sell some items in your local newspaper, you have to pay. While should this media, which is so target specific, be any different?

My $.02... I paid for it!!!
Old 08-31-2003 | 04:03 PM

I'd be interested as well Jonathon. What gives? . You're a Gold member...so obviously (at some point) you believed the site worth your time/energy. Why would things go so significantly different that you would opt out of the community . Not to put you on the defensive...you have no reason to explain yourself to me or others. But I'm just curious I guess.

- Dave
Old 08-31-2003 | 05:51 PM

well according to the new rules dave, i regret to infrom you that:

1: Your sig is to long

2: your font is to big

3: Your are not allowed to advertise that your clear corners

4: Your are not allowed to advertise that you have something for sale

5: OH and your ricks signature pic is too big

It doenst matter that you are a member.. But theses are the rules as they were told to me by krazik..

Plus I fully feel that you should:

1: Be able to delete you own post

2: Be able to have a sig EVEN if your not a member

3: Should be able to post almost (I REPEAT ALMOST) anything as long as it isnt profanity or naked people...

They have decided to take away all those lovely sigs of girls in bikinis or the funny smiles that are having sexual relations..

OH and because I am posting this they will probably kick me off the board as well .. WHY because I challenge their opinions.. Simply put its just not fun to post here anymore..

OH and while their on this whole lets not offend anyone kick.. Wingman do you remember what used to be in avatar where yours says community organizer.. I found that quite offensive and a ing MOD put it there..

So to make a long story short im taking a break an sitting back and watching the changes.. If I decide this board is no longer worth my time I'll leave.. otherwise I'll come back eventually.. but till then..

away.. Until they stop that too

And if you take a look at my sig you will notice my phone number has been removed too!!!!
Old 08-31-2003 | 06:50 PM

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...threadid=146673

Go here as well to get the rest of the story!

-JB-
Old 08-31-2003 | 10:53 PM

i feel your pain about the limits that have been placed on us. I for one do not like the fact that we can't post anything political on this board, and yet useless threads are constantly being posted. That being said, i appreciate everything this board has given to me, and i gladly support it. The restrictions i can live with. Whatever way the owners want to do with this site, it is their right, since it is their site.. but i would wish they had asked for some input before they started changing everything without telling us.
Old 09-01-2003 | 05:33 AM

I have the ability to delete my own posts. I do not have the ability to delete my threads-started.

Gioire- where are all these new changes written at. I want to read them. I did read your other locked thread. I agree with you on being unnerved about not being able to have a small sig containing the fact that you would sell another vehicle to some other site guest/member.

Now, if you weren't an owner and member, then yes, I would agree with the "new" change... which I haven't seen. However, I know you are a current S2000 owner and a Gold Member at that. Without having seen the exact letter of the law, I agree that it is horse-puckey that you cannot list a quick offering of what you do.

Strike mentioned that it should be "obvious" what the intent of the "rule" is. Again, I have seen no rules, but I am willing to guess that more often than not that the majority of S2000 owners own more than one vehicle. They've limited what the sponsors can do. Now they are alledgedly restricting what we can do. Before I pass any more judgement, I'd like to see these "rules."

Here is a suggestion if any of these new changes are money-driven. One, check the database and send out renewal notices about a month before the members anniversary date comes up. A simple program can do that easily. Secondly, to get more paying members(and keep the ones you already have), membership has to provide an obvious benefit over non-membership. If being able to host pics is the only bennie, then those who don't have cameras will be less likey to spend the money.

Personally, I have received more than my $20 worth of information over the past year. I usually have to pay $20 to someone to be my friend! For a week! I see my membership dues more as a donation to help keep this media running. I know change is always around a corner and can accept that. Removing pictures of women and the like from a car site is, well, sacriligeous. But, that's a whole other fight!
Old 09-01-2003 | 05:35 AM

sacrilegious

Quick Reply: Taking a break