Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Taken out by Drunk Driver

Old 07-13-2008, 01:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well after a long day of fighting with insurance companies ive got the ball rolling... they are doing an apprasial deal tomm. and then taking my car to the honda dealership here in va beach. they since I have to take off work they are going to pay me for that and pain and suffering. Turns out the guy that hit me is also in the military (Army, i think) So my command is going after him to seek restitution on the military side. I dont kno whats going to come of this... but the mil. lawyer asked me if 10k was an okay setlement and he assured me that the guys insurance would pay all my car repair bills. Im willing to bet that its going to be a long draw out process but who knos. Thanks for the support
Old 07-13-2008, 01:25 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm pretty sure they are going to send your car to Hall Honda. I honestly do not like bringing my car there. Give it a shot and see if they can get it to Checkered Flag Honda. Much better service and people, plus, I trust them... not Hall.
Old 07-13-2008, 01:28 PM

Well my insurance co. asked me if I had a body shop i wanted it to go to and I said a Honda Dealership. So im pretty sure it wont be that big of a deal to get it to Checkered Flag Honda. But thanks for that info... dont want to get a shitty paint job or shitty fitment on my other body parts.
Old 07-13-2008, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by NAVY_s2k,Jul 13 2008, 04:14 PM
but the mil. lawyer asked me if 10k was an okay setlement and he assured me that the guys insurance would pay all my car repair bills.
Tell him hell no 10k is not ok ask for 15K. Mugen car parts aren't cheap!!
Old 07-13-2008, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by BearNVa,Jul 13 2008, 05:43 PM
Mugen car parts aren't cheap!!
Correct, just overrated.

Old 07-13-2008, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by BearNVa,Jul 13 2008, 02:43 PM
Tell him hell no 10k is not ok ask for 15K. Mugen car parts aren't cheap!!
lol... i dont see many J's racing s2k around here... and they got some nice stuff. still expensive but nice.
Old 07-13-2008, 03:38 PM

$10k...

*cough*down payment, NSX*cough*

Old 07-13-2008, 04:29 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Good thing no one is hurt, man yesderday was just a day for wrecks. but that rear bumper, I got a painter who can melt it back into brand new, and then repaint it wit oem colors.
Old 07-13-2008, 05:08 PM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by NAVY_s2k,Jul 13 2008, 05:14 PM
well after a long day of fighting with insurance companies ive got the ball rolling...
WTH? Not sure I can fathom you having to "fight" with insurance companies. You called yours and they said you had to contact his. You contact his and explain that their client was hauled away for DUI. If they were smart, they'd be kissing yo' arse!

Very glad it wasn't any worse. Here's to your health.
Old 07-13-2008, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by FF2Skip,Jul 13 2008, 05:08 PM
WTH? Not sure I can fathom you having to "fight" with insurance companies. You called yours and they said you had to contact his. You contact his and explain that their client was hauled away for DUI. If they were smart, they'd be kissing yo' arse!

Very glad it wasn't any worse. Here's to your health.
yea no joke me too. I THOUGHT it was pretty cut and dry... but allstate insurance (his insurance) said that they wouldnt even talk to me untill they talked to their motorist and he accepted responsibility for the crash. Well the jackass is in jail so they couldnt get in contact with him. It took me getting a mil. lawyer to contact the jail to prove that he was in there for DUI before they would even talk to me. Now my insurance (Geico) didnt want to get me a rental car, b/c mine is not driveable, because his insurance co. hasnt yet accepted liability for the crash. They said for all they kno I hit the car infront of me then the guy behind me hit me. I went off. i was like WTF I pay you asses every month for you to back out on me? well it took a lawyer and lots of time on the phone before they would get me a rental car.

Quick Reply: Taken out by Drunk Driver