Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Taken out by Drunk Driver

Old 07-13-2008, 09:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Taken out by Drunk Driver

Well the wife and I were leaving outback steakhouse last night around 11pm and heading home. As we are driving down the street some guy in a black chrystler crossfire pulls out of his parallel parking spot and almost side swipes me. I slam on the brakes and he stops and then I went around hima nd continued to the stop light. We sat at the stop light for a few seconds before i just happened to look up in my rear view mirror and see the crossfire coming at me with no head lights on. I only had time to press the brake harder before he slams into me, pushing me into the car infront of me. I check to make sure my wife is okay and the jump out of my car cussing at the guy. I run back to his car and yank open the door ready to punch the guy. When i seen what he was wearing i got confused. He was in a pair of camo boxer shorts and a black leather biker vest. The smell of alcohol hit me like a brick wall. I yelled at him for a few seconds and told him to stay in the car. I went to the car that i hit and made sure she was okay, she was. Luckily there was two police officers standing on the corner where the crash happened so there were there right away. The officers get all of our information and is doing an exchange form when the jackass in the crossfire starts to revv his engine at cars passing by. They pull him out and take his keys, immediately arrest him for DUI and put him in the police car. Then the guy started throwing up in the back of the police car, lol. I asked the cop what was up with his "outfit" and he said the guy came from the gay bar and it was leather night. I couldnt help but laugh. Ill give you a mental picture. White guy, probibly late 40's to early 50's. about 5'9", hairy. Camo boxers, leather vest, and no shoes. hahaha. I got checked out at the scene for injuries n stuff and have to go to the military doctor tomorrow for a follow up. I believe everyone is okay. Sorry for the quality of pics but a cell phone was all I had.

Old 07-13-2008, 10:20 AM

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

Wow.

Glad to hear you and your wife are ok, the damage looks easlly fixable.
Old 07-13-2008, 10:21 AM

Glad you and your +1 are ok man.
Old 07-13-2008, 10:29 AM

it bent up my trunk. the passenger side rear 1/4 panel. and i took those pics after i put the rear bumper back on. lol
Old 07-13-2008, 10:31 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Drunk Drivers FTMFL

Darn shame to hear. Certainly glad nothing worse happened to all innocents involved.

- Dave
Old 07-13-2008, 11:54 AM

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Wow, that sucks. Sorry to hear, but glad you're okay!

I really REALLY despise drunk drivers. If you're had more than a beer in the last hour, it's not time to get behind the wheel.

I hope you don't end up with any lasting injuries. Good luck.

Old 07-13-2008, 12:06 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Holy crap man! Really glad to hear you all are okay. So sorry to hear this!!
Old 07-13-2008, 12:22 PM

Glad you and the +1 are alright. I hate we didn't get you to a meet before this happened.
Old 07-13-2008, 12:38 PM

You sound like you are taking it rather well. Glad to see you are styaing somewhat positive about a rather bad situation. Glad you're ok.
Old 07-13-2008, 12:40 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by BearNVa,Jul 13 2008, 03:22 PM
I hate we didn't get you to a meet before this happened.
No kidding!!

Quick Reply: Taken out by Drunk Driver