Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Stock seat lowering?

Old 09-28-2011, 04:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock seat lowering?

Does anyone around here know how to do it/have experience doing it. I really need to do it/get it done, but I am being a pussy and don't wanna screw it all up. I am 6'5 all torso.

Pizza and beers to anyone that can help!
Old 09-28-2011, 04:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ColbyAttackJurgensen
Does anyone around here know how to do it/have experience doing it. I really need to do it/get it done, but I am being a pussy and don't wanna screw it all up. I am 6'5 all torso.

Pizza and beers to anyone that can help!
There are some rails available for this. I have something along the lines of California Back Yard Seat Rails? Drops it about 1"
Old 09-28-2011, 04:29 PM

Yeah, but they are almost $350+shipping, for that price I would just spend the extra and get a new seat and low low low rail. And it only seems to lower the seat 20mm.
Old 09-28-2011, 05:00 PM

Maybe trim the padding in the cushion if its possible without destroying the seat
Old 09-28-2011, 05:18 PM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

You won't get dramatic lowering out of any seat mods unfortunately.

I think you can get about an inch with the lowering rails, and maybe 3/4" from the seat pan mod, IIRC. It was so minimal that I didn't even bother with it. I found that that to get any substantial lowering, it would take a race seat mounted pretty much right on the floor, and even that just barely got my head level with my Hard Dog rollbar while I was wearing a helmet. (Not to mention the seating position sucked. I felt like I had fallen through the floor of the car). I'm only 6'1", but I seem to be stupid tall in the torso department.

How much lowering are you trying to get?
Old 09-28-2011, 05:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ColbyAttackJurgensen
Yeah, but they are almost $350+shipping, for that price I would just spend the extra and get a new seat and low low low rail. And it only seems to lower the seat 20mm.
I found one used for about $150. I am 6'2" and it helped me get under the roll bar with a helmet on. (squatting a bit)
Old 09-29-2011, 05:28 AM

I've been running the Backyard rails on my driver's seat for 2 years now. I'm 6'2", and it made sitting in the car MUCH more comfortable. For the first time (since I installed the rails), I could rest my left elbow on the door elbow rest. It sounds silly, but it was a pleasant surprise. I realize the price is a bit steep, but I didn't want to put aftermarket seats in, and i didn't want to cut padding out of the seat itself.

from this guy.
Old 09-29-2011, 05:39 AM

Received 416 Likes on 239 Posts

Have you considered drinking more coffee? I hear it stunts your growth.
Old 09-29-2011, 05:52 AM

I sit on the coffee drinking threshold. Dangerously toeing the line between severe caffeine addiction and tachyarrhythmia.
Old 09-29-2011, 01:45 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a F1spec seat on a low down rail, I'm going be working on the paint majority of saturday if you wanna swing by and see if it's what you need before you waste your money for a 1" drop and are not satisfied with it , It's also as low as it gets before the bucket touches the floor.

I'm 6' and I have about a foot of head room and can clearly see traffic lights, knees no longer hit the steering wheel, elbows rest comfortably on the door panel and center console while the steering wheel falls perfectly in my hands.

Best mod on the car along with suspension and tires. Located in Hampton/Yorktown border

Quick Reply: Stock seat lowering?