Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

spring install

Old 02-06-2007, 09:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default spring install

I was interested to see if anyone could recommend me to a good place to install some fresh teins. I wouldn't even mind any anyone helping me with it insead of me going somewhere and having it done. I would do it myself, but I lack the spring compresser to do so.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:39 PM

No spring compresser needed. Me and my buddy both have Teins S Tech's and we both installed them in the garage without a spring compresser. The spring only moves maybe 3inchs once the top nut is removed. What we did was one of us held the spring and strut assembly on the ground (with a foot, dont use hands) and the other undid the top nut. And we had no problems. Hope this helps.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:37 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Just remember if you do it without a spring compressor. Please take your time removing the nut.
Old 02-07-2007, 05:17 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Nandska,Feb 7 2007, 04:37 AM
Just remember if you do it without a spring compressor. Please take your time removing the nut.
Something that should be stressed!

Where are you located? I have a spring compressor and wouldn't mind helping.

If you don't want to post in the forum just PM me.
Old 02-07-2007, 07:35 AM

Maybe we could make a little mod day out of this - I want to take off my Espelirs and go back to stock springs. I need help on this one as well! I am located in Arlington, but as of Friday I will be living in Fairfax Corner.

s2kAtTracks where do you live?
Old 02-07-2007, 12:46 PM

I live down in southern maryland, in LaPlata. A mod day sounds good to me! I need to put some more faces with names on here. I really appriciate the help and any day that you would like to help is ok by me, although I would prefer a sunday. PM me or we can make a post out of this for a mod day if you want.
Old 02-07-2007, 02:07 PM

just a little backyard trick that most people probably already know- if you dont have access to a spring compressor and want to take apart a damper assembly, simply place the assembly inside of an old tire. undo the cap nut slowly. this way, if there is any "spring back", the tire will gaurd you from heavy projectiles flying at your eye. ive seen this done plenty of times and it works. putting the damper back together on the other hand. . .
Old 02-07-2007, 02:32 PM
vbb

Spring installations on S2Ks are fairly easy. The only "difficult" part about it is getting at that bolt under the fuel hardlines in the trunk. If you guys were down this way, I'd do it for you for lunch and a 6-pack. I'm sure some of the NoVA guys or southern MD guys can give you a hand. BigHead Bill has done a lot of installs up that way, shoot him a PM and for a small fee he'll probably help out when he has time.
Old 02-07-2007, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by vbb,Feb 7 2007, 06:32 PM
Spring installations on S2Ks are fairly easy. The only "difficult" part about it is getting at that bolt under the fuel hardlines in the trunk. If you guys were down this way, I'd do it for you for lunch and a 6-pack. I'm sure some of the NoVA guys or southern MD guys can give you a hand. BigHead Bill has done a lot of installs up that way, shoot him a PM and for a small fee he'll probably help out when he has time.
good thing i have small hands
Old 02-07-2007, 02:43 PM

I also need my springs installed. I just never got the chance to do them.. Been staring at them for a year.

Quick Reply: spring install