Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Sova Chat Thread ver. III

Old 12-12-2012, 12:38 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Glasses2k
Damn, i just thought back to when i was looking for a GPW but all i could find was a BEAT Suzuka and my Laguna...

Pete, congrats on 1st bro!
Thanks man! Finally getting frocked tomorrow.

Also, my 09 GPW/red interior should be up for sale soon. It's pretty much immaculate.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by PaulaDanielleSchultz
Actually, when I went to SC to get my top replaced, they had a Silverstone and Laguna, and were babysitting a Suzuka. Definitely looked like a love child.

Gahhhhhh... My car is staying with Cory a bit, and the engine is getting a rebuild at InlinePRO.
Engine rebuild??? Didn't you put in a new engine?
Old 12-12-2012, 02:27 PM

Received 115 Likes on 74 Posts

Had an unfortunate accident in the rain in my S last week and insurance totaled it this morning. I'm not really sure where it's going to auction but if someone is looking for one it was in fantastic shape, interior is near perfect and I don't *think* I did any engine damage. It mainly looked like cosmetic damage, but I probably did some damage underneath. Thought I'd throw it out there in case someone is looking for a wrecked car.

I also have a set of oem '06 springs that can go to a good home if anyone needs them, I also have a spare key and remote (not sure if you can program them or not) as well as an oem oil cap.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by maranelloboy05
Had an unfortunate accident in the rain in my S last week and insurance totaled it this morning. I'm not really sure where it's going to auction but if someone is looking for one it was in fantastic shape, interior is near perfect and I don't *think* I did any engine damage. It mainly looked like cosmetic damage, but I probably did some damage underneath. Thought I'd throw it out there in case someone is looking for a wrecked car.

I also have a set of oem '06 springs that can go to a good home if anyone needs them, I also have a spare key and remote (not sure if you can program them or not) as well as an oem oil cap.
Oh no! Chris, I'm sorry to hear this. Any plans to replace it with another one?
Old 12-13-2012, 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by Apeatwo
Originally Posted by maranelloboy05' timestamp='1355354844' post='22206806

Absolutely, searching now for one. May be flying to San Francisco next week and driving one back. I will definitely be doing every autocross and track event I can in the future, the accident was a bit of a wake call on my skill vs the car's.

Oh and the accident occurred on the colonial parkway, which is the same surface as the busch gardens parking lot where the Ferrari autocross was held, imagine that surface plus rain and you can probably come up with a good idea of what happened.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FISH22
Originally Posted by PaulaDanielleSchultz' timestamp='1355340251' post='22206125
Actually, when I went to SC to get my top replaced, they had a Silverstone and Laguna, and were babysitting a Suzuka. Definitely looked like a love child.

Gahhhhhh... My car is staying with Cory a bit, and the engine is getting a rebuild at InlinePRO.
Yeah, it had issues. Went through five quarts of oil in 3500 miles, I added two myself, but it ran low wayyyy faster than expected. Spun a bearing, seller won't help because it's past the 30 day warranty. Only had about an ounce in my catch can, so something was majorly wrong anyways. They're going to do a full rebuild and increase the compression ratio a bit, bore, hone, resleeve, etc. Should be good for an extra 30-40hp at least.
Also going to get a baffled oil pan, maybe an accusump too. Full paranoid mode.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
Old 12-13-2012, 09:56 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Cheap ebay engine was cheap for a reason.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by maranelloboy05
Originally Posted by Apeatwo' timestamp='1355409521' post='22207827
[quote name='maranelloboy05' timestamp='1355354844' post='22206806']

Absolutely, searching now for one. May be flying to San Francisco next week and driving one back. I will definitely be doing every autocross and track event I can in the future, the accident was a bit of a wake call on my skill vs the car's.

Oh and the accident occurred on the colonial parkway, which is the same surface as the busch gardens parking lot where the Ferrari autocross was held, imagine that surface plus rain and you can probably come up with a good idea of what happened.
[/quote]
I will most likely be listing my 2009 GPW/red interior for sale soon. It just hit 28,000 miles.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by PaulaDanielleSchultz
Originally Posted by FISH22' timestamp='1355348373' post='22206523
[quote name='PaulaDanielleSchultz' timestamp='1355340251' post='22206125']

Yeah, it had issues. Went through five quarts of oil in 3500 miles, I added two myself, but it ran low wayyyy faster than expected. Spun a bearing, seller won't help because it's past the 30 day warranty. Only had about an ounce in my catch can, so something was majorly wrong anyways. They're going to do a full rebuild and increase the compression ratio a bit, bore, hone, resleeve, etc. Should be good for an extra 30-40hp at least.
Also going to get a baffled oil pan, maybe an accusump too. Full paranoid mode.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
[/quote]
Wow, that stinks!

I don't think I could ever buy a used engine. You're better off just buying a brand new short block from Honda.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by FISH22
Originally Posted by maranelloboy05' timestamp='1355409637' post='22207833
[quote name='Apeatwo' timestamp='1355409521' post='22207827']
[quote name='maranelloboy05' timestamp='1355354844' post='22206806']

[/quote]
I will most likely be listing my 2009 GPW/red interior for sale soon. It just hit 28,000 miles.
[/quote]

I would love it, but I have a feeling it will be outside my budget. I also don't need a low mileage car, I put almost half that mileage on my last one in about 4 months, no sense paying a premium for a low mileage car that I'll just rack up mileage on.

Quick Reply: Sova Chat Thread ver. III