Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Sova Chat Thread ver. III

Old 03-22-2012, 10:38 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

what color is it?
Old 03-23-2012, 04:44 AM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

Do it Pete!!!

On another note I got to drive my car yesterday night!!!!! first time in over 4 weeks. I still need to play with ride heights a little more but it was close enough to good that I'll wait until my new springs come in. So far I'm really happy with these new shocks. I only had a temporary set of 800lb springs (a hair over 14k) and surprisingly they still rode nice on the street. I have a 700 front/600 rear spring setup on the way which is what I'll most likely keep on the car and I can only imagine how much nicer it'll feel with 600s in the rear. If it feels too soft I might end up with 800/700 but we'll see. I also got my new top hats last night and I only need a few more parts to be able to put that setup on the car. Just running the OEM tops right now.

Now I just need to find a autocross event to test the car out. I was supposed to run one in Richmond on Sunday but it looks like the weather is going to be crappy.

And only 6 more days until I'm a home owner...and broke
Old 03-23-2012, 05:37 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

ODR is running at Pungo on April 1.
Old 03-23-2012, 05:56 AM

I want to autocross but there is nothing about Pungo that looks appealing enough to drive 2 hours each way.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:04 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Driving to an old airstrip that's halfway returned to the earth doesn't appeal to you? Bah, it's nothing some swamp buggy tires couldn't handle.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:23 AM

I spent all my money on that new suspension. No more funds left for swamp buggy tires.
Old 03-23-2012, 01:43 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Apeatwo
Good luck! We love its little brother, our Pilot.
Actually, we have been contemplating the Pilot for over a year now. We still really like them. I just recently started getting interested in the MDXs. We had a dealer MDX for the past 2 days. I put about 170 miles on it, and loved every second of it. The Pilot is bigger and would be cheaper, but the MDX just seemed more fun. Very quick SUV, and handled extremely well! We're going to pass on this one though. They have them priced pretty high up here(we're in Chicago right now). I've already been in contact with Hall Acura, so we'll see how that goes.

Originally Posted by silentdancer
what color is it?
I think it's called Dark Cherry Pearl. It's not the color we want, but it still looked good. We'd most likely get a black or white one. It did have full tan leather interior though. Looked and felt super nice. It had a lot of gadgets I really didn't care for though. It was the tech package.

I would like to find a sport package. I guess it has some trick suspension and nicer looking wheels. But I can't seem to find them.
Old 03-25-2012, 06:30 AM
vbb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I actually like the look of the last-gen MDX better than the current gen, though I'd take a current one. For a family car, the Pilot is more bang for the buck for sure. My wife and I are passively shopping around for a replacement for her 2010 RAV-4. It's a nice small SUV, but with two kids, it's just a bit too small. The new Highlander is very spacious and priced well. A friend has a loaded one, and it's a nice SUV. We are kinda looking at the Highlander and the Pilot, as well as a few others.

I'm on a RL kick right now as the replacement for my TSX down the road. I really like the interiors and options of the new Acuras, both things that are important to me in a daily driver. The RL is such a "rare" car to see on the road though, and a lightly-used one can be had for about the price of a brand new TSX. Thinking of maybe picking up a 2011 RL next year if I can find the right one for the right price, and then keeping it for 5+ years (which I've actually never done with any vehicle I've ever owned).
Old 03-26-2012, 04:52 AM

^No way! The newer ones look so much nicer side by side. So much so I'd think the newer one was a significantly more expensive/nicer model. The old one aren't ugly by any means but I think the new gen looks like a nicer car.

One of the guys I work with just got his wife a new highlander and they really like it.

So what is the next meet that we might actually be able to get the whole crowd out to? I haven't seen most of you guys in quite a while.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:31 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Yeah, I think the 07+ MDX is a much better looking car than the older gen. The thing almost felt like a sports car. Before we brought it back to the dealer, we packed the MDX with my wife's family. My wife, her parents, sister, me and two babies... And it still handled very well. My favorite thing about it; the engine. It sounded absolutely awesome! Reminded me a lot of the NSX V6. But I guess most of the Acura V6s would sound similar. The MDX V6 is a 3.7 liter, 300hp and I think 250 tq.

Quick Reply: Sova Chat Thread ver. III