Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Sean Taylor

Old 11-28-2007, 01:23 PM

Received 228 Likes on 143 Posts

Well, they lose ratings from me. I get my news online.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:41 PM

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

It's the Celebrity/Pretty White Female syndrome. Sensationalism. Manufactured interest. Skip it and find better sources of information.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The war Is on the news everyday. I understand/respect your views but everyone has a checked past. No one is perfect. We all learn from mistakes in life. But what you do after your lesson is what counts and Sean Taylor was on that path I take it. Alot of people in D.C get shot daily. The reason it's not blow up is because their not celebs.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by PopTarts,Nov 28 2007, 01:14 PM
Part of it is, much of the media is not allowed to cover bad stuff about Iraq - only portions

i.e. No shots of caskets of soldiers are allowed, among other things

White House doesn't feel responsible for Sean Taylor, so that's left alone. But they certainly want to censor the Iraq War.

We're also desensitized to the war, since it's been going on for so long.

Having said all that, I agree w/all your points, Jeff.
Not to piss on the Taylor parade, but we are not at war with Iraq. The numbers are NOT stagering, not even close. Yes it is sad that someone OVER paid, and OVER idolized, is dead, it is even more a shame that our troops are dying without the recongition that their lives were taken defending this nation, and a nation that needs our help..... the majority of crybabies that believe EVERYTHING the media spouts out makes me ill. Know your history and facts. It will open your eyes to more that is real, than the few minutes of BS you get from most major media outlets.

Check the below statistics of how you earned that right to espew all of your opinions and mine.

WWII Death Count Per Country / Country Military / Civilian Total
USSR 12 million 17 million 29 million
Poland 597,000 5.86 million 6.27 million
Germany 3.25 million 2.44 million 5.69 million
Yugoslavia 305,000 1.35 million 1.66 million
Romania 450,000 465,000 915,000
Hungary 200,000 600,000 800,000
France 245,000 350,000 595,000
Italy 380,000 153,000 533,000
Great Britain 403,000 92,700 495,000
United States 407,000 6,000 413,000
Czechoslovakia 7,000 315,000 322,000
Holland 13,700 236,000 249,000
Greece 19,000 140,000 159,000
Belgium 76,000 23,000 99,000

Death Distribution Of Both World Wars War Military Dead Civilian Dead
WWI 95% 5%
WWII 33% 67%

Amazing what whimps this country has become. We didn't fly those planes into the WTC. What would you prefer. Do nothing? As Gore would have done? Or do what Bush has done, take the fight to the terrorist holy lands, those people who strap bombs on their bodies to kill our troops or civilians, do you think they would try and sneak in to the USA to do the same thing if the opportunity wasn't there in Afganistan or Iraq?????? Bush did the right thing, promised what he would do, did it, didn't waiver at the crybabie liberal whimps begging to do nothing. This President, from the day he began his campaign to be President, has done what he said he would do and didn't change with the political wind when it blew a different direction. Unlike Clinton, Gore, Carter, or Billary.... Use your brains, study facts, and stop being a bunch of damn sheep.

:getsoffsoapbox:

Old 11-28-2007, 01:53 PM

By the way

Good to see you guys, just got back from the Caribbean, and started new job Monday... Traveling for the next few weeks.

Mark
Old 11-28-2007, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by GOGOGO,Nov 28 2007, 02:53 PM
By the way

Good to see you guys, just got back from the Caribbean, and started new job Monday... Traveling for the next few weeks.

Mark
Glad you got that off your chest.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:07 PM

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

How can I not take that bait?

- You make a lot of assumptions (what Gore/Clintons/etc would have done) when you can not know what any of them would have done.
- You link 9/11 and Iraq when there is not and never was a link.
- You mention Afghanistan - a country that truly needed and wanted liberating and was the SOURCE of the terrorists - which is going down the tubes since we redirected our efforts on a non-party to 9/11. Al Queda is growing again, the Taliban is growing again and poppy/opium production is as high as ever.
- By all accounts our actions in the Middle East have CREATED far, far more potential terrorists than there were on 9/11.
- The "War" in Iraq has been going on longer than WWII.
- Osama is still alive, still free

I think the point is that people BELIEVED in our clear goals in WWII, fighting a "Traditional" war (on both sides), whereas the "planners" of the Iraq fiasco don't even know what we're doing there (or perhaps they do. and the current situation is in fact the goal) and only one side is fighting a "Traditional" war (that'd be us).

So you can ease up on the condescending remarks and using "liberal" as a four-letter-word.

And welcome back from your warm toasty vacation.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:07 PM

Received 467 Likes on 333 Posts

I think everyone is making valid points on this topic. It is sad when someone dies so tragically, especially in a senseless crime as this one. It is newsworthy in that this incident highlights increasing trend in violence where even celebrities are not immune. Since I don't have television, I am obviously spared from perhaps over exposure to this heart breaking story. I believe Sean Taylor was growing up as a young man before everyone's eyes. If he had not been a national sports figure, no one would have scrutinized his maturation process but because he was, his life was out there for all to see. I think he was working through those early troubles and were slowly becoming a more mature man when this happened. It is really unfortunate.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Honda 367,Nov 28 2007, 03:07 PM
I think everyone is making valid points on this topic. It is sad when someone dies so tragically, especially in a senseless crime as this one. It is newsworthy in that this incident highlights increasing trend in violence where even celebrities are not immune. Since I don't have television, I am obviously spared from perhaps over exposure to this heart breaking story. I believe Sean Taylor was growing up as a young man before everyone's eyes. If he had not been a national sports figure, no one would have scrutinized his maturation process but because he was, his life was out there for all to see. I think he was working through those early troubles and were slowly becoming a more mature man when this happened. It is really unfortunate.
Well said
Old 11-28-2007, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by animeS2K,Nov 28 2007, 06:07 PM
How can I not take that bait?

- You make a lot of assumptions (what Gore/Clintons/etc would have done) when you can not know what any of them would have done.
- You link 9/11 and Iraq when there is not and never was a link.
- You mention Afghanistan - a country that truly needed and wanted liberating and was the SOURCE of the terrorists - which is going down the tubes since we redirected our efforts on a non-party to 9/11. Al Queda is growing again, the Taliban is growing again and poppy/opium production is as high as ever.
- By all accounts our actions in the Middle East have CREATED far, far more potential terrorists than there were on 9/11.
- The "War" in Iraq has been going on longer than WWII.
- Osama is still alive, still free

I think the point is that people BELIEVED in our clear goals in WWII, fighting a "Traditional" war (on both sides), whereas the "planners" of the Iraq fiasco don't even know what we're doing there (or perhaps they do. and the current situation is in fact the goal) and only one side is fighting a "Traditional" war (that'd be us).

So you can ease up on the condescending remarks and using "liberal" as a four-letter-word.

And welcome back from your warm toasty vacation.

Chris, you honestly believe what you believe, but I completely disagree. Sadly, I do not have the time to explain it all, but trust me, the assumptions are not that difficult, all you have to to is listen to the whinny asses, the rethoroic, the BS the liberals spew all over the place to know that they would NOT, as Bill DID NOT, do anything to stop terrorism. They would have put the middle east on TIME OUT or something. Bush was in office for less than 9 months prior to 911, it amazes me that YOU liberals are not pissed off that Clinton, and HIS administration, DID NOTHING. He had EIGHT years to do something. Even had a chance at Osama and blew it.

Anyway, still love you, and all the liberals, you just happen to be misguided on princables, and facts.

Iraq is NOT a mistake. It has worked to perfection. I know it will take years for that fact to sink in. I understood that it wasn't about terrorism when we went in, for totally different reason, and NOT about WMD's, it was about so much more. I didn't buy into the media slant that it was all a lie, WMD's, CIA errors, it was absolutely NOT about any of those things. But again, not enough time to explain, nor would I expect that you would WANT to understand it, most of the FOUR lettered folks do not. They just wish Bush to be gone, and what amazes me is how much hatered they have for the MAN who did EXACTLY what he said he was going to do. On ALL issues. He didn't screw some young intern in the oval office... he didn't disgrace his country. At least Obama had the friggen courage to say he INHALED, because that WAS the point. Clinton was bad and is bad for this country, but I don't hate either one for their convictions. I just want vote for them, Billary should win, I would serve Him/Her with NO hesitation, because I respect the office, the country's choice. I may disagree, but would still serve. It just makes me ill to think of the nasty things said about Bush. So unreal I cannot fathom the concept. You would think he was the devil or Osama himself.

Quick Reply: Sean Taylor