Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Richmond Meet/Drive in honor of Rick (aka Blackbeauty's husband)

Old 05-03-2002, 07:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry guys cant make it again, we had to fire a waitress,
and were short on people. But on a good note i will be
hostin a meet for drag757.com website in Portsmouth VA.
it will be on a saturday. PM me if ur intrested in going, or
respond here.
Old 05-03-2002, 07:53 PM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by VA S2K
[B]
Old 05-04-2002, 03:44 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by airgate
[B]

This is official NOTICE that I, airgate, will no longer visit the Richmond area and partake in any S2000 related events.
Old 05-04-2002, 06:12 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Super turn out today. Shitty weather, huh! Well, the eats were great! Props to Memphis BBQ for holding the table/room for us like that. We had a great meal & the dinner conversation was a blast. Thanks everyone for turning out.

Of course, our guest of honor was to have been the highlight of the show...but seems Q-Love wanted to make a bigger splash For those that did not go on the drive, or even those that did, but broke away in Ashland, here's some pics of what S-02s can get you doing 40 on a straight-away...

passenger's side (or should we say mold-board plow)

Engine bay (or should we say mud grader)

Q-Love (Wow! And he's still smilin'?!!!)

Q and I returned to my garage & knocked off the mud & vegetation. Superficial scratches along the side/body (whew!)...but unfortunately even the almighty Zaino could not remove them. Snapped some plastic underpinnings on the front fascia. Slight damage to a light cross-brace between the rear wheels (that will require replacement). An undoubted re-alignment is in the works all the way around. ...And we were all of 10 minutes from having returned to Short Pump.

We all came away from it amazed at the limited damage for the plow-job that existed in the ditch Q went in and out of With the trees and such that could have been included, Quoc did an unbelievable job wrestling the loose S out of the ditch as fast as he did. Pains me that it happened, but again, its good that the damage was not as bad as it could have been.

Although we were all traveling under posted speeds in the rain on our return trip, I make one statement now for future meets: If we have a threat of rain, we eat...we don't drive. Besides Q's Suzuka coming out of it so well considering, I'll chalk this sad experience up as a huge lesson learned about rain, wet roads, and our lovely S2Ks.

PS. Rick, the very best of luck to you on your operation Tuesday. I'm sure you know all our prayers are with you for a safe procedure, and a speedy recovery. We look forward to you and yours up here again asap!

PPS. Dan (Luft46), it was great meeting you today too!!! You make it over here to Richmond any time you want, buddy.
Old 05-04-2002, 07:00 PM

Hey guys... it was great meeting everyone and I had a blast! Great food, great company, great drive (well, most of it )... it was really painful every time I had to push the clutch, but it was worth every ouch. My first group meet/drive will always be memorable, for many reasons.

Q-Love - sorry for what happened to ya, but I'm glad things didn't get more serious than they were. Good job keeping it together.
Old 05-04-2002, 07:31 PM

Hello Everyone,
We made it home safely and not even the rain could knock the grin off of our faces.
Dave, What can I say? You are still my hero.

Dan, Our next lame excuse should be the great gout rally.

Mike, Even though you didn't go on the drive you had enough sense to bring your much better half to be!! (It will be an S2K wedding right?)

John, You missed all of the excitement.

Rick, Put some damn tires on that thing!!!

Q, In the words of the great Charlie Daniels "Mario Andretti would have sure been proud".

Steve and Beth, It looks like you both had enough sense not to go on the ride.
Black Beauty (the car) has changed our lives. Allowing Black Beauty (the most beautiful woman in the world) and myself to meet some of the greatest people in the world.

You all will never realize how much it meant to us to show up on such short notice in questionable weather. I will be thinking about today as I'm drifting off to La La land on Tuesday, And the Surgeon will probably never figure out why the smile will not leave my face. But you guys will know.

Can't wait to do it all again!

Rick and Daniel,
Old 05-04-2002, 07:58 PM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[B]
This is official NOTICE that I, airgate, will no longer visit the Richmond area and partake in any S2000 related events.
Old 05-04-2002, 08:59 PM

Hey Toilet scum,

Sure missed you today!!

Rick,
Old 05-05-2002, 05:30 AM

[B]

Folks and dearest friends:

I truly apologize for this previous post.
Old 05-05-2002, 09:40 AM

great fun meeting up with all of you. hope you didn't sustain too much damage.

based on the weather, i wish we could have met up today.

till the next time.

Quick Reply: Richmond Meet/Drive in honor of Rick (aka Blackbeauty's husband)