Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Richmond Meet/Drive in honor of Rick (aka Blackbeauty's husband)

Old 04-29-2002, 05:05 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Lyrae's husband, Rick, is going in for neck surgery veeeeery soon. As you can imagine, the wonderful performing S2K requires a flexible neck , so before Rick goes under the knife, I'm planning a meet/drive this Saturday soz he can be S-ridden before he becomes temporarily bed-ridden

Of course this is weather permitting -- whoo-hoo, Saturday's looking good!!!...but count on a meet with or without the sunshine as Rick is coming up here Saturday May 4th, period. My understanding from talking with him is that he may already have Ricosuave (aka Mr. 6 1/2"...speakers that is...I'm sure he'll let ya hear 'em if he joins) & Luft46 tucked under his arms to come up as well -- Buuuuut, I've not received any confirmation on them yet, so I'll add folks to the list below as they r.s.v.p. as I realize conflicts sometimes get in the way of fun.

I do propose a change of venue, however, in honor of our guest. Rick made suggestions towards a Bar-B-Q joint and I personally can think of nothing better than Memphis BAR-B-Q located in Short Pump Crossing. Address available in the link, but I'll post below momentarily. For those that don't know, Short Pump Crossing is *another* shopping complex at the same intersection as you hit for McAllister's Deli. However, if you are heading west on Rt 250 (Broad Street), then you'll turn LEFT at the stoplight of West Broad and Pouncey Tract. Then turn RIGHT into Short Pump Crossing and look for Memphis BAR-B-Q 'bout 1/2 way down (just left of Ukrops and A&N).

Here's the address: use mapquest.com to help plan your route

Short Pump Crossing
3438 Pump Road
Richmond, VA 23233

As always, I'll have my cell phone with me for lost souls 804-564-5S2K

Oh yeah...I've yet to hear anyone say noon is a bad time to meet...so let's meet at NOON

*The List* begins below:
  • w1ngman
  • BlackBeauty
  • AgS2K
  • Luft46 via PM
  • moonpie via PM...dood, I hate that ur sellin' ur S!!!
  • Aww Dude
  • quicsvr hoping to make it via PM
  • VTECnology gotta get his car back...then, "YUP!"
  • ricosuave
  • KlassyBlue can meet to chat/eat, but may not have time for drive
  • VA S2K
  • Q-Love via PM...with CAI installed!
  • 1MoreToy eatin & greetin but not likely drivin
I'm just never gonna mow my lawn

BTW, for anyone that doesn't know Rick... He's about as calm, quiet, and subtle as... ME! HAHAHA!!! 'Cept mebe Rick outdoes me just a tad!
Old 04-30-2002, 02:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ooo! Ooo! Me! Me!
Old 04-30-2002, 03:40 AM

I should be there too.

mental1
Old 04-30-2002, 03:50 AM

Hmmm.... i'll try to join you guys on saturday, but in my line of work there is no garauntee(spelling?) i can make it. So go ahead and put me on the list, ill post otherewise later if I cant make it. Thanx Wingman for keepin me posted.
Old 04-30-2002, 11:42 AM
Former Moderator

I'm in St. John's again (WOO-HOO! ! ! ) I'm supposed to get back on Friday and I'll find out if my car is repaired then. If it is I will definantly be there. I haven't had my S2000 "fix" In about 2 weeks so I've got the itch to go for a LONG spin. I'll let you know as soon as I find out. Hopefully I'll be there.
Old 04-30-2002, 12:29 PM

i'm in. hey chris, if you get the car back do you want the join the southeast convoy?
Old 04-30-2002, 02:31 PM

I may or may not be able to make it. I'll let y'all know. By the way DaveZ of COURSE is gonna make it to this one right?
Old 04-30-2002, 04:20 PM

I'll be in Richmond on Sat. and would like to meet with you all, before I head back to Charlotte.
Old 04-30-2002, 04:32 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by Huskergirl
I'll be in Richmond on Sat. and would like to meet with you all, before I head back to Charlotte.
Huskergirl, you are on "The List" Since your's is an extended weekend stay, I'm presuming you're staying with friends or in a motel? Either way, consider getting the address of where you'll be staying and refer back to the address in the initial post of this thread to get directions from where you'll be staying to where we'll be meeting.. We're looking forward to meeting another NC member!!!
Old 04-30-2002, 07:30 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Y'all watch out for Trooper Pooper's cuz....'cuz he'll be out cruisin' wid da big EYE

Quick Reply: Richmond Meet/Drive in honor of Rick (aka Blackbeauty's husband)