Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Recommendations on a shop for Car Alarm install

Old 09-06-2004, 07:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recommendations on a shop for Car Alarm install

Im looking for a reputable shop around dc area to buy and to install Compustar 2wss or the viper 791xv, still haven't figure out on which alarm to install. The only place i know is car trendz. Anyone dealt with them before? Also has anyone hooked there remote to the to open/close the convertible?
Old 09-07-2004, 09:10 PM

I went to CarTrendz to have them install a Computech 2WSS alarm about a year ago. They seem like a small operation but I didn't have any problems. They did a good job on the install.

My only complaint is my disappointment in the 2-way range of the 2WSS. They advertise a 1mile line of sight range but I get no where near that performance anywhere. It doesn't work when I go into a mall or a restaurant which defeats the main purpose of paying extra for this alarm. The key FOB is huge also. I was willing to live with a big key FOB if the 2 way messaging worked well but it doesn't. The alarm system seems to work fine, I don't get any false alarms. I don't know if the key FOB can be programed to open/close the top but it does have a few extra programable buttons.
Old 09-08-2004, 04:02 PM

i just want to get remote start for my S.... and i'll be happy..
Old 09-09-2004, 09:00 AM

SNissen, How much did the car alarm and the install cost you?
Old 09-09-2004, 09:31 AM

90 percent of the time best buy or circuit city are going to be hte places to go. If anything messes up, you have a reputatble business to take care of things. Plus, they are generally cheaper. Best buy sells viper
Old 09-09-2004, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by ice7,Sep 9 2004, 12:00 PM
SNissen, How much did the car alarm and the install cost you?
I think I paid around $500. They did a nice clean job on the install. I can't complain about CarTrenz. The other problem with the Compustar alarm is that I think these guys are the only ones in the area that install it. At least I couldn't find any other place that sold and installed this alarm. If you want this alarm, you're pretty much stuck going to these guys.
Old 09-10-2004, 10:24 AM

I called CARTRENDZ and they quoted me 900 for the compustar 2wss alarm and install and 750 for the compustar 2wfm. This is including remote start and integrating the trunk release to the remote. Seems pretty hefty. I know I got my Viper 791 xv installed on my previous car for 550 somewhere else.
Old 09-10-2004, 11:26 AM

circuit city and best buys are not good places to get things installed.. the do guarantee their work and they do cover it under warranty but it's not worth it..the work is very subpar... i know this cuase i used to work at circuit city back in the days.. and the one i worked in had supposidly the best installers in the area when it comes to circuit city stores... and ummm they weren't that good.... if you know someone that works at circuit city or best buys it's better to get them to use their discount to get you the alarm. but take it somewhere else to install it... especially the discount at circuit city. i got my viper with remote start and proxy and extra battery yada yada.. for umm $120 if i remember correctly.. but it was very cheap..
Old 09-10-2004, 12:22 PM

www.cartrendz.com on Rt 1.

Talk to Tuna or Tai and tell them I sent you.

Steven

P.S. I've had about 6 alarms installed by them. They charge a little more than most...but do a nice, super clean install. PLUS free repairs for a year!
Old 09-14-2004, 10:22 AM
Nik
Banned

Audio Connection. They know what they are doing and have lifetime warranty.

Quick Reply: Recommendations on a shop for Car Alarm install