Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Reckless ticket in Loudoun County VA, HELP PLEASE

Old 01-12-2003, 03:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reckless ticket in Loudoun County VA, HELP PLEASE

ok, tonight my friend and I (due to a complete lack of judgement) were racing on route 28 in VA, at 3AM

we got pulled over and cited for reckless driving 96mph in a 55mph

this is in Loudoun County VA and I wanted to know what your advice is. I heard that a person got cited for the same offense on a neighboring county and got a day in jail, restricted liscense and the applicable court costs.

this is pretty much the worst thing I could imagine right now, so if anyone has any magic strings or spare get out of jail cards...I could really use em....

so if it's a good lawyer or someone you know that works at the courthouse I could really use a favor

also FYI, I have a clean driving record if that matters at all....

thanks for your help

Nick
Old 01-12-2003, 06:43 AM

No magic strings here, this is going to cost you alot of $$$$$
You will need a lawyer...
Your lucky they didnt take you to jail on the spot.
Next time take it to the track...
Old 01-12-2003, 06:51 AM

I receieved a ticket on 28 in Loudoun about 5 years ago for the exact speed...96 in a 55. I learned my lesson though. There is absolutely nothing you can do. I would say get a good lawyer. You are going to lose your license for 1 year, pay a $650 fine, 6 points on your license, and then $5 for every mile an hour over the speed limit! This is getting off easy! Loudoun does not tolerate high rate of speeds....that's why I don't speed anymore! Basically you are Fcked....you might get some fines reduced and MAYBE only 6 months suspension w/ a lawyer...but then again that will cost you an arm and a leg also! So roughly this is going to cost you about $1500-$2000 w/ or w/out a lawyer.

Keep it on the track....

- Andrew
Old 01-12-2003, 08:03 AM

I received a speeding ticket in my Porsche few years back on 29 going to UVA. I was doing 110.00 the officer reduced it to 85.00. It was reckless, (anything over 20 mph is considered reckless) I had to go to court but didn't. I wrote a letter to the court explaining that I unable to come to court and pleaded guilty. they gave me the amount of fine and I paid it. Not sure how much but it was less than 200.00.

Things may have changed now so research your options and be honest when you go to court. Plead guilty with an explanation and apologize. If you are sincere then you should be OK. Just don't BS the judge.

Good luck man and drive safely

narif
Old 01-12-2003, 02:14 PM

Hey Nick,
Hows you driving record?
Is this a first timer?
In Md first timers sometimes get off light, ie. Big fines and probation.
What was your actual speed? Was it highter and the cop cut it back some?
Thanks for sharing and remember the key word is "Lawyer"
Old 01-12-2003, 04:04 PM

this is my first time, my actual speed was actually around there. My record is clean, and I'm HOPING for a big fine and suspended sentance.

I was in my BMW and the speedo looked to be around 100, and I don't think the cop cut me any slack, she was PISSED

I am sincere, seriously EVERYONE DON"T ING street race. Take it to the track or strip

I"ll never do it again, my life seriously flashed before my eyes.

I'm talking to a lawyer this week, and mabye I"ll see some of you at meets with LIL Raja, cuase I might have to be driven around for a while.

Nick
Old 01-12-2003, 05:16 PM

That road is horrible to race on. Lots of dips and uneven surfaces can make you wreck! I also see cops always on the shoulder (only late night, never during the day) waiting to catch somebody racing or drinking. (or both?)

I would say it depends on your previous record. Get a lawyer and assume the worst. At least you didn't wreck or get hurt.
Old 01-13-2003, 08:29 AM

Good luck man.
Old 01-13-2003, 05:33 PM

Good luck Nick
keep us posted.
Old 01-13-2003, 06:35 PM

Good luck man. NO RACING ON 28! Be glad you didn't make it to Fairfax Co! I got ticketed on 28 at 102/55 and got slammed. No license for the past 6 months, get it back this Wednesday actually! Yea!!! I think BlackS2000Turbo gets his back this week too. Anyway, spent a couple of days in jail and paid out the a$$, and I had a lawyer who went through two appeals. I do however have a pretty bad driving record with over 8 suspensions for 100+ mph. I am sometimes a victim of my own stupidity and will be sure not to stop next time I get pulled over.

Quick Reply: Reckless ticket in Loudoun County VA, HELP PLEASE