Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Rate DC Area Service Departments

Old 03-18-2004, 03:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i went to Pohanka Acura in Chantilly for my Oil change. It was like $32 approx.

They service a few S2000's. They even ASKED before washing the car, sensing that I was the kind of person that didn't want them touching it with the brushes in their car wash.

I believe my service advisors name is Steve Atkins.

take care
Chris
Old 03-19-2004, 10:01 AM

Hey Chris,

Are you putting in Syn-Oil or just reg. oil?

Mike
Old 03-19-2004, 10:56 AM

I only have 4K miles on the car, so right now its regular. Synthetic was not going to be that much more. I would also recommend asking them if you can bring your own oil, most places will allow that. IN which case I recommend going to Costco and buying Mobil one for $23/case (unless you can find it cheaper).

C-
Old 03-21-2004, 08:00 AM

Very mediocre/poor experience at Jim Coleman yesterday. Went in to get severe 15000 mile service and spark plug recall. I even reminded Cliff to note that this service required replacing the diff fluid so the mechanic wouldn't forget.

The mechanic forgot to do the spark plug replacement and the diff fluid. I nicely asked them to do these and they were very apologetic about the situation. Then he replaced the spark plugs, but forgot to gap them (I hope he didn't cause any damage). Finally the spark plugs were gapped and the car ran fine. Then, while checking the brakes, he re-attached the lug nuts (and wheel locks) with an impact wrench (thankfully, no damage that I could detect). Finally, when I got the car back the fenders were filthy and covered with grease because the mechanic did not use a fender protector.

If I wanted this kind of service, I would have went to Rosenthal.
Old 04-09-2004, 11:58 AM

Jim Coleman Honda must have seen and responded to the above report because I received superlative service today. Everybody was attentive and very courteous.

Got a rear deck lid spoiler put on and everything went perfectly- the part was there and in the right color. They did what they said they would do and when they said they would do it.

I also asked Cliff to check out a strange random smell like diesel fuel or glue entering the interior and they found that the oil drain plug (factory oil fill) was loose at 1,500 miles, but not leaking appreciably yet (down about 1-2 Xs). So they might have just saved me lots of future headaches.
Old 04-11-2004, 03:06 PM

Brown's Arlington Honda would not do TSB 054 on my car, the deceleration grinding. They said that the TSB does not fix the problem, so Honda does not cover it anymore. Has anyone had this done recently and could tell me a place that does it?
Old 07-15-2004, 06:10 PM

Okay, so I have reviewed this whole thread, and still am not quite sure where to go for service.

Here's the list of things to do:
30k mile checkup incl. oil change
Check Engine Light - Cylinder Misfires
spark plug tsb
1-2 grind tsb
and whatever else to make this run smooth.

I also need new front tires, so i'll probably have Tirerack send some to whatever dealer.
Regardless,
Where should I go to get this done?
The short list of places people have said were good/are close to me: Jim Coleman, Criswell, Fairfax, Pohanka Fredericksburg, Mechanicsville.

Please give me some feedback soon, I can't drive the S while its limping with the CELight.
Old 07-20-2004, 07:37 PM
yeu

Hi, imnewtryme,
I've used Sheehy Honda (formerly Mt. Vernon Honda) for over 10 years: 3 Accords, 1 Civic and my '01 S2K. I have never had to take a car back because the job was not done right. THey cheerfully did 4 wheel alignments on my S2K to my specs, and they're going to do the TSB 54 next week. Brian has taken care of all the Accords and the Civic, and Dave and Jason have handled the S2000.
Old 07-26-2004, 07:08 AM

Wanted to add a new place to get S2000 work done. I had been taking my S to Jim Coleman, but stopped doing so when Gary left. Coleman is quite a way from my house (Rockville), so when Gary left I wasn't about to drive all that way to take a chance.

Unfortunately, I have had nothing but disappointment dealing with the Honda dealers around where I live. The only reason I had been going to dealers anyway is because the car was still under warranty.

Well, I am out of warranty and will likely never take my S to another honda dealer for service - I don't have to, as I found a place that will treat your car like you would want it treated: Schaeffer Automotive. This guy works mainly on Hondas and is very familiar with forced induction; his shop is an authorized Comptech dealer.

The reason I took it to Schaeffer was the blower on my comptech SC went kaput (ouch! that hurt the wallet). While there for blower replacement, I had some stuff on my long time wish list done - new SC bracket, intercooler, SS brake lines. I also had new pads put on and the valves adjusted.

The work done by Schaeffer is excellent - feels like a new car. The brakes feel even better than when I got the car brand new.

Schaeffer also has extensive experience modding cars for racing, so if there are some engine, suspension or other mods you want done, he has the experience to do the job right.

Schaeffer Automotive
2878 Daisy Rd
Woodbine, MD 21797
301-854-6252
Old 07-26-2004, 10:53 AM

I have a MY00 S and am due for my 30k maintenance. My clutch rattles between 3500-2000 RPMs and my rear clicks when I start in first or reverse. I know my car is past warranty... is there anywhere I can get these TSBs done for free... or cheap?

I live in Rockville.

Thanks
Mike

Quick Reply: Rate DC Area Service Departments