Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Rate DC Area Service Departments

Old 11-09-2001, 01:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The guy that works on the S2000, I think his name is Ed. I've yet to meet him but I hear great things and he has worked on my car 3 times. Don't worry about the referral thingie, although I really appreciate the thought! Best of luck, let me know how it goes....
Old 11-14-2001, 04:38 PM

Whoa! Did I just have my first good experience at a dealer? Dropped my car off for a 10:00 appointment (which is a gift in itself.) Seatbelt TSB, latches, window regulator, oil change, clutch noise. They gave me a ride home (about 10 miles.)

Seatbelt, window and oil change done by 6. Parts ordered for latches, mechanic requested that (when latches done) I drive car for him to locate clutch noise. Car cleaned up and washed. Hope it looks as good in the daytime. All work seems to have been done correctly.

But wait. When I called, price for Mobil 1 oil change became $68 bucks. I complained. They explained that they had already lowered the price but had been hosed by the parts department on the special order oil. They called back later and said they'd lowered the price to $49. They suggested I bring the oil next time.

Two interesting points from service ticket. 1: they replaced the "sensors" in the seatbelts rather than replacing the retractors. There must be an updated bulletin or something.

The parts department got all of the oil money. The labor was internal charged.

This was by far the best dealer experience I've ever had. I'll let you know if that changes in the light of day. Thanks Hiro!
Old 11-15-2001, 06:13 AM

Phew! I'm always timid about making recommendations, you never know how they will go. I'm glad you had a good experience. I bought clear side markers and wanted to have them install them. They did, but then upon inspection told me that they would not fit right. They replaced my originals and did not charge me a penny. I'm thinking about sending over something for Christmas.

Again, happy it went well. Are you going to the ersatz Hooters/Wings bash tonight? If so, see you there.
Old 11-16-2001, 04:09 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hiroprotaganist
[B]Phew!
Old 11-20-2001, 11:02 AM

How 'bout other Dealership's service departments in NOVA? Other than Rosenthal, so restrain yourself Gregg and Randy

I'm wondering specifically about Hendrick Honda in Woodbridge, as that's where I purchased my car.
Old 11-26-2001, 05:32 PM

Since I can now do neato things like make threads stick at the top I figured we should keep this one around for all to see.

Please add to this thread whenever you have a service experience, good or bad.
Old 11-27-2001, 05:37 AM

I've had pretty good luck with Fairfax Honda. They've installed everything for me and have done all my fluid changes.

They're parking lot attendant did knick one of my wheels though, but I really can't prove it. If anyone has any work done at all there, (even fluids) I would strongly suggest asking for Scott.

I don't think they've done s2000 TSBs yet though.......So, as much as I like them I might bring my car to someone else that has.
Old 11-28-2001, 02:12 AM

Ive been going to Pohanka Acura in chantilly va for service.

they baby my s2000 there. very careful when driving my car in and out of the shop. shop is clean and the mechanices take their time. free car washes.

You make an appointment and usually withing 15 mins they start working on your car. I can also watch them work on my car right at the shop entrance. Their shop stays open until 2 am!

They torque things down properly and always use new crush washers etc for oil, trans, and diff fluid changes. ( i bring the crush washers for them after ordering it from a honda dealer).

The mechanics there love S2000s and seems excited to work on them.

I've also had very good experience with them working on my other acura and an acura i've owned in the past.

give them a try for non-warrantee work

The sales side of the dealer is pretty good too. bought and sold cars there with no hassle typical of other car dealers. they also sponser some local NSX events in the past.
Old 12-02-2001, 07:06 AM

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

The work I've had done at Rosenthal Honda has been good (so far) and Vicki certainly is the best. They gave me a hell of a deal on the clutch replacement at 28k, along with the 1-2 fix. This latest service was a 30k service, rear window replacement (warranty), and rear-end clicking noise fix.

Vicki tossed the Mobil 1 upgrade in and I had the car back in a day.

Hersons, on the other hand... When my clutch started to go, I brought it there - convenient to home and all. I was not happy. They tried to charge me $100 to tell me that my clutch was toast and my brake pads were "within limit". WTF?! I told them I'd pay their base fee and nothing more.

Their parts dept. has been nothing but wrong. Drain plug, please... Um no this is the wrong one. Air filter? $38??? Thanks I'll pick it up online for $20 w/shipping... Oil filter? sure... and an extra $1.25 for the washer?!? Ok... I don't like Hersons.

- Chris
Old 12-03-2001, 02:46 PM

Well I have to take my car in to have my convert top/motor looked at. The top does not seem to come all the way down at the first attempt. From what I have read here it looks like Jim Coleman at Clarksville is a pretty good shop. Hey Hiro let me know if you get a free oil change for referrals, I'll be more then happy to give you a plug.

-John

Quick Reply: Rate DC Area Service Departments