Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Rate DC Area Service Departments

Old 07-07-2003, 08:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's true. Eddie is no longer with us and I didn't know if it was my place to say anything since I really didn't know this was going to happen until recently.

I will speak with our Service Director, Erik Hawkes, to see what feasible ideas we can come up with as far as a dedicated replacement tech for the infamous Eddie Farrow.
Old 07-07-2003, 10:16 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Even Eddie is leaving we are still going to be one of the finest Honda dealership in the area!! We will miss u Eddie!!
Old 07-07-2003, 10:41 AM

It's black armband time.

Thanks for the info, and I'm sure Erik, Cliff, Andy, Jackie and the rest of the JCH crew will find us a good replacement.
Old 07-07-2003, 04:23 PM

For those of you looking for Eddie in the future (and I know he's had some people come up from the Carolinas for his handiwork--such is his reputatation), he'll be at:

Honda Cars of Aiken
550 Jefferson Davis Highway
Aiken, SC 29802
(800) 844-6632

Heck, it's only an 8hr drive from DC!
Old 07-11-2003, 08:39 AM

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Well, I just found this out myself (that Eddie's gone!).

Got the car scheduled for a Tuesday morning TSB check (transmission noise - TSB54), should mention the clicking from the right rear (had left CV replaced by Eddie) and possible 60k service review (most everything but the coolant I've taken care of myself).

Also need to get the rotors turned... The fronts I could probably lug to pep boys for <$10/ea... the rears are supposed to be turned on-car, but JCH quoted me $205 to turn all 4. WTF?

We'll all miss Eddie. Good to have mad expertise with a smile, Sad to see him go.
Old 07-14-2003, 10:26 AM

OH NO... but I am sure andy and jackie will find a good replacement for eddie !
Old 07-15-2003, 08:33 AM

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Well, I dropped the car off this morning. The tech that rode along with me was good, picking up where Eddie left off - not as much experience, but Eddie had to start somewhere too I'm so bad with names, I've forgotten already. Very nice guy.

I was able to get the transmission to rattle (4-3k decel) around 20k after the clutch was replaced with the original TSB54 parts. Also, a loud whine from the differential that replacing the fluid ~10k miles ago didn't fix.

Gonna have 'em replace the coolant (the last on my list of 60k service items and the only one I don't feel like doing) and hopefully cover the other items.

Still worth the drive, if you ask me. And what a great drive it was this morning.
Old 07-18-2003, 06:07 AM

I took my S in to have the clutch looked at, 2 rear tires replaced and I have a water leak related to the A/C. The service was fine. Eddie was still there. My only issue relates more to the amount of time I was on the phone trying to find out if the car could be picked up yet. I was at BWI on the way home (in Silver Spring). I called from the BWI terminal and didn't get a service person on the phone until I was 2 miles from my driveway. That's a solid 1/2 hour on hold. When I did get someone on the phone, I find out "Yes, the car is ready to be picked up." Trying to schedule the appointment originally was a similar on hold experience, but not as severe.
Old 07-18-2003, 08:38 AM

Took the car in to JCH today for an oil and tranny fluid change -- finally went synthetic at 11,000 miles. (She runs and shifts like buttah!)

Cliff introduced me to Ben, who's currently working the S2000 beat -- nice guy!

And as icing on the cake, when I took the onramp back to Rte 32, what's in front of me but...

..a black Ferrari 328.
I give him a little bit of this ... ...just to let him know he's not the only hi-revving engine on the scene...

...but he's in "sunny day cruise" mode and there's too much traffic to play anyway.

JCH was pretty busy today but they managed to fit me in..and yes,
ScottnHeidi, you can log a lot of waiting time trying to get an appointment. Two things:
1) I've had similar waits at other Honda dealers and
2) the music they play while you're holding is at least halfway decent!
Old 07-18-2003, 12:21 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Helios
[B]And as icing on the cake, when I took the onramp back to Rte 32, what's in front of me but...

..a black Ferrari 328.

Quick Reply: Rate DC Area Service Departments