Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Rate DC Area Service Departments

Old 05-21-2003, 08:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bump for reference
Old 06-09-2003, 12:59 PM

Just had my first service for the S last week done at Jim Coleman Honda by Eddie and crew. Although the work was fairly routine (first oil change, spark plug TSB, reset SRS light), everyone was pleasant and responsive. Also, they didn't charge me for anything even though I didn't buy the car there! Not sure if they were just being very nice or if it was a mistake! Anyhow from me.
Old 06-10-2003, 12:57 PM

Another for Jim Coleman Honda. Eddie was out the week I took my car there, but Clif was great to deal with and was able to get someone else take care of my concerns. I will definitely make the 60 mile trek when its due for its 15000 mile service.
Old 06-24-2003, 06:53 PM

Well, Criswell Honda/Germantown has dropped a few notches in my eyes.

I had a "tick" sound from the rear wheel area, the syptoms of which exactly matched an advisory (didn't look like a TSB) someone posted on the forum. I printed a copy and took it in to the dealer when I took the car in.

Criswell diagnosis: it's the lug nuts on my aftermarket wheels. Say what! Talked about wear on the lugs, etc. I asked about the advisory (TSB?) and the service rep said he didn't remember seeing anything.

I took it to the dealer where I bought the wheels (Radial Tire in silver spring) and they said no way it's the lug nuts.

Next stop: Jim Coleman Honda and Eddy. As soon as Eddy heard the sound, he knew exactly what it was.

I don't want to leave a totally negative picture of Criswell - they have reasonable prices and they have allowed my car to stay inside overnight; they even plugged a hole in my tire for no charge. However, I have to wonder how experienced their service staff is with regard to S2000 problems (I'm not even sure my problem is confined to the S; he mentioned some other models of hondas that had this issue).
Old 06-25-2003, 01:39 PM

My concern is - what do we do if Eddie (for whatever reason) leaves the area and JCH?

I'm not suggesting that he is - but I am concerned that we don't have a viable alternative. Perhaps as a group we should annoint an alternative.....
Old 06-27-2003, 05:04 AM

I just made an appointment with Cliff at JCH to see Eddie on Tuesday.

Regular Service:

Oil Change

Warranty:

Convertible top rattle problem
possible 1-2 Gear grind..( I don't know if it is a serious problem yet )

I'm sure everything will go well. I'll stop by and say hello to Andy and Jackie.
Old 07-01-2003, 09:55 AM

I just came back from JCH. Thank you Eddie for the Oil Change and for re-tucking the liner for the top! Sorry to see you go, that's for sure.
Old 07-04-2003, 04:17 PM

Eddie's leaving?!

Where's he going?

I'm freaking out here.
Old 07-07-2003, 08:23 AM

There are rumors that he may be going in the near future although that has not been confirmed.

Assuming he does (one hates to think that but we should prepare for every contingency here)

WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO? We are going to have to find an alternate place to take the cars - perhaps we should approach a new place (or JCH itself) en masse and explain to them our specific needs - indoor storage overnight, making sure their staff is properly trained, etc.

Thoughts?
Old 07-07-2003, 08:30 AM

Since nobody from JCH has said anything, Eddie's last day was this past Thursday. He, his lovely new bride, horsies, pigs, cats and dog are moving down to South Carolina in about a week.

Forget your S2000's...who's gonna prep my race car???

Quick Reply: Rate DC Area Service Departments