Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Rate DC Area Service Departments

Old 02-28-2002, 05:38 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

maybe someone should forward this thread to Jim Coleman Honda to let them know that we're thinking about them and this might also encourage them to give us even better service, like 110% satisfaction.
Old 03-09-2002, 10:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another great experience with Jim Coleman and Eddie. Though I don't like the new clutch feel, the service was, as always impeccable. And, as always, Eddie went the extra mile for me.

Oh, and they know about our sentiments and ratings.

I say, in our first organized act, we elect Eddie as Mid Atlantic S2000 Owners Association Mechanic of the Year. Henceforth this honor should be known as the Ed Farrow Award.
Old 03-10-2002, 05:48 AM

Originally posted by jschmidt
Another great experience with Jim Coleman and Eddie. Though I don't like the new clutch feel, the service was, as always impeccable. And, as always, Eddie went the extra mile for me.

Oh, and they know about our sentiments and ratings.

I say, in our first organized act, we elect Eddie as Mid Atlantic S2000 Owners Association Mechanic of the Year. Henceforth this honor should be known as the Ed Farrow Award.
I guess we all kinda randomly showed up there on Saturday. I was there to pick up some bolts and I guess a few other also stopped by. Talked to Jackie for a while debating preferable FATT days. The more the better.... My sloth like style at the track has already leaked out as Mr. Farrow was aware of the fact that Jim and Jackie shamed me at SP.

James, what's up with your check engine light man? Eddie printed up a bunch of business cards - good for him. I have a stack and I will give you each some when I see you unless you have them already. Its kinda funny to show up at a dealership and just walk into the service bay....
Old 03-11-2002, 09:59 AM

Soon I will be able to tell another Vickie of Rosenthal Honda story.

After cancelling my previous appointment I dropped my car off this morning with Vickie at Rosenthal Honda. She was very nice and didn't think it was going to take too long.

The part I haven't mentioned is where my renewed interest in servicing the car came from. Last Thursday on Cedar road (just before Park street) I got rear-ended. I was watching this guy ride my ass in the rear-view mirror, despite the 15 cars ahead of me that I just couldn't pass through. The traffic comes to a fairly quick stop, I look in my mirror to see this guy flying towards me. I desperately tried to move out into the center turning lane but it was too late. He locks up all four of his piece-of-shit 88 Hundai tires and... BANG!

The best part? I called the police to get a report which made him nervous. Why? It turns out he doesn't have a US license, and the temporary Pakistan license didn't cut it with the cops. They charged him with driving without a valid license and failing to pay attention. I don't know what they did with the car or how we got home, cuz he ain't driving.

Anyway, it looks like only the bumper will need replacing. The car drives the same as it did before, and none of the lines are out of place. It does look like the gas tank is dented, though. Who knows what else they may find. I told her forget about the oil change and 7500 mile service.

I'll keep you posted on the fix and Rosenthal's performance.

Just remember folks, if you drive in NOVA, it's a matter of time...

-Dan
Old 03-18-2002, 06:25 AM

Sorry to hear that, Dan. Hope you get your car back fixed and sound quickly.

I brought my car in to JCH today, spoke w/ Eric briefly and then Eddie came around to see what I have on the list to get done. And he got to see the list I came up with over the weekend - I wanted it to be kinda a surprise, but it didnt get him. Maybe I'll show up with a supercharger next time and see what happens

Differential fluid change, alignment, visor rattling, on top of 4th gear slip, clutch, striker plate and the 15,000 mile service ..... Oh yeah, I asked for their dealer frame instead of stinkin Herson's

Todd wrote the ticket up, and I got a nice Silver Chevy Cavalier w/ CD player to pimp around this week I was in/out in no time, will let u guys know how the car feels once I get it back in a few days.

Eric seems to knew this week is going to rain the whole week I wanted it to go in sooner, but he picked up this perfect week for the "werks"
Old 03-18-2002, 06:28 AM
Fed

So, Jim Coleman does give you a loaner???
Old 03-18-2002, 06:39 AM

That I am not sure. Eddie needs to keep my car to duplicate the 4th gear slip in order to perform the fix ... So, I dont know if this counts as their regular loaner car policy.
Old 03-18-2002, 04:57 PM

Originally posted by stooxie
Soon I will be able to tell another Vickie of Rosenthal Honda story.

After cancelling my previous appointment I dropped my car off this morning with Vickie at Rosenthal Honda. She was very nice and didn't think it was going to take too long.

The part I haven't mentioned is where my renewed interest in servicing the car came from. Last Thursday on Cedar road (just before Park street) I got rear-ended. I was watching this guy ride my ass in the rear-view mirror, despite the 15 cars ahead of me that I just couldn't pass through. The traffic comes to a fairly quick stop, I look in my mirror to see this guy flying towards me. I desperately tried to move out into the center turning lane but it was too late. He locks up all four of his piece-of-shit 88 Hundai tires and... BANG!

The best part? I called the police to get a report which made him nervous. Why? It turns out he doesn't have a US license, and the temporary Pakistan license didn't cut it with the cops. They charged him with driving without a valid license and failing to pay attention. I don't know what they did with the car or how we got home, cuz he ain't driving.

Anyway, it looks like only the bumper will need replacing. The car drives the same as it did before, and none of the lines are out of place. It does look like the gas tank is dented, though. Who knows what else they may find. I told her forget about the oil change and 7500 mile service.

I'll keep you posted on the fix and Rosenthal's performance.

Just remember folks, if you drive in NOVA, it's a matter of time...

-Dan

Are you sure its not the trunk pan that got dented? When i got rear-ended last spring, i had the bumper replaced and the trunk pan pulled back out. Cost about $2000 total and the damage wasn't that bad. I did take it to the best shop around 'cause it was on the guys insurance.
Old 03-19-2002, 05:40 AM

Originally posted by S2.001K

Are you sure its not the trunk pan that got dented? When i got rear-ended last spring, i had the bumper replaced and the trunk pan pulled back out. Cost about $2000 total and the damage wasn't that bad. I did take it to the best shop around 'cause it was on the guys insurance.
You know, that's probably it. The car's so dang small I can't tell what's what!

$2 G's, eh? The insurance dude sent me a check for $700: 285 for the bumper, 50 bucks
for the muffler chrome thingy (so don't lose them, folks! ) a few bucks for parts and doubling it all for labor. He said if there's more he will send a check directly to the dealer. We'll see!

Thanks for the note.

-Dan
Old 03-21-2002, 10:38 AM

Originally posted by Fed
So, Jim Coleman does give you a loaner???
I am taking my car in next Monday (3/25) for various things - when I inquired about a loaner, I was told it wouldn't be available until Thursday. I get the impression they have one (maybe a couple?) of loaner car(s) and if it is available the day you come in for service you can get it.

Quick Reply: Rate DC Area Service Departments