Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Rate DC Area Service Departments

Old 02-22-2002, 09:42 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The corrupt cops, the public school system, the crimes, College Park Honda..... Best thing about PG county are the hotties of U of MD.
Old 02-22-2002, 10:35 AM

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

I guess Jim Coleman Honda lies just over the border in Howard County, eh?
Old 02-22-2002, 11:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like Howard County is fast becoming a DMZ of sorts....
In terms of MoCo - well, it rhymes with Loco as far as I'm concerned...
Old 02-27-2002, 07:02 AM

OK guys, I went to Hendrick Honda in Woodbridge this morning for an oil change, and all went well - almost. The oil change took 45 mins, and I did a good inspection of my car before leaving. So I'm driving up I-95 to work and I read the receipt. It says I was charged for 4 qts of 5W-30 oil I called the service manager and he gave me some BS line about how there is a bulletin out and that they use 5W-30 now. I told him that my owners manual says 10W-30 and that is what I want in there. He told me to bring the car back in for a free oil change and 10W-30 will be put in it. I told him I don't have time, and I just want to know from the tech what oil he put in my car. He comes back after 5 mins on hold and tells me that they used the correct oil but just billed me incorrectly. I told him fine, that is OK. But shit, do I believe him? Who knows...Their facilities are very nice, and the people are friendly, but my confidence has been a little shaken. Would I take the wife's Odyssey in there for work, yeah. Would I take my car in there again, I'm not sure...
Old 02-27-2002, 07:14 AM

Ok... Jim Coleman Honda... So far so good!

Dropped my car off yesterday morning with Jayne and heard from Eric this morning. I was having a rough idle and hiccup on warm start situation and the Check Engine light was coming on. Between the DTC the ECU was throwing, the air-fuel ratio and Eddie's collaboration with Honda Techline they've decided to replace the fuel injectors (bless HondaCare @ 38k mi.) but the parts won't arrive until tomorrow. I don't feel the slightest bit apprehensive like I have felt with my car at other dealers

This is a new one to them and I don't belive I've ever heard of it before. Let's hope my baby is running smooth and sweet tomorrow night! I'll keep you updated.

- Chris
Old 02-27-2002, 07:37 AM
Fed

Before I go on, let me say, I am an idiot. My car is falling apart, and I took it in to ourisman Honda again, since Jim Coleman will not be able to look at it until next week. Guess they're getting an undeserved second chance at redeeming themselves. WE'll see how it goes this time.
Old 02-28-2002, 09:17 AM

Chris - I just wanted to let you know that I was at J. Coleman this morning getting my brake fluid changed for tomorrow. I understand that you brought your car in for service on the rough idle. They have your car all nice and tucked away inside the shop. When my car was getting done, they were right next to one another. He told me they're trying like hell to figure out what the deal is with the idle. He's been on the phone a few times with the Honda folks and they are trying to quickly identify the problem and get it back to you.

More importantly, I wanted you to know that all looks well and that they are taking good care of it.
Old 02-28-2002, 10:32 AM

Thanks for the update, EJ

I talked with Eddie directly. They replaced the fuel injectors and the car no longer misses and idles much more smoothly, apparently. He's also ordered a new MAP sensor due to some off readings he's been getting from the current one.

Also were some metions of different fuel trim settings that were off around 10-12%... and mentions of everyone being good lil' kiddies - have SAFE FUN at FATT

Great service. Great experience. Thanks for finding them, EJ!

- Chris
Old 02-28-2002, 04:03 PM
Fed

Well, jsut picked up my car from Ourisman Honda, their second attempt at servicing. Well, this time, looks like no dents, won't really know until I wash it since it is covered by a thick layer of dust. However, I am beginning to think that their policy is to tighten bolts and see if the problems go away. This even after i mentioned to them TSB 054, according to them, the problem is a loose exhaust bracket. Result, Decel noise is still there. Driver's side window, they replaced the relay, it works, top latch rattle, replaced striker plate, rattle gone. Vibration coming from braking system up front, and springing sound, cause, my 4 tires are worn . I know the rears are shot, but the front have 50% tread left on them, and I've never heard of tires causing springing sounds from the front end. So, who's got Eddies phone number at Jim Coleman???? Guess I'll be 2 more days without it for a clutch TSB and new front rotors. Oh, and the bolt that was sitting in my garage after I picked up the car from CPH? They have no clue where it came from. All that and still 150 miles to go until it's broken in.
Old 02-28-2002, 04:08 PM

Fed, that sucks. I'm sorry to hear that. Definitely make an appointment through Eric or Jayne @ Coleman. Their #: 443.535.0500

On the good front, my engine now purrs like a kitten, no rough idle and it just seems "good" . Still, they're replacing the MAP sensor when that comes in. They even tossed in the $5 worth of gas they had to put in because my stupid a$$ forgot to fill it up!

Eddie even took time when I picked her up to sit and chat a bit. Very great experience. I can't believe we've finally found a good (great!) shop! Woohoo!

- Chris

Quick Reply: Rate DC Area Service Departments