Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Rate DC Area Service Departments

Old 01-17-2002, 11:13 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

True... Since they have never had experience working on Honda's, I'm not sure I want to be the first for them to work on my S2000. Criswell also has an Acura dealership in Baltimore, that's the closest thing.
Old 01-17-2002, 12:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Gregg
Guys--please keep this to the topic at hand, DC Area Service Departments.
I actually thought I was on topic:

If a dealer (arguably) tries to take advantage of you in the show room, is it not reasonable to assume the same would happen in the service bay?

So much for making a newbie feel welcome when he makes his first post...

-Joe
Old 01-17-2002, 01:22 PM

JoeCritter-

You are of course very welcome here. However the thread has from its inception been about recommendations based on actual service experiences, not whether or not you'll go to one because of a sales person's prediliction to lie/cheat/steal. It has been our experience that the sales department does not accurately reflect the service department. Some of the dealerships in the area have good sales departments while most of them have lousy service departments.

Because this thread will be stuck at the top of this forum in perpetuity I would like to keep it free of the miscellany so that new owners or new visitors to the board may make some decisions as to the competancy of the service departments in the area.
Old 01-23-2002, 06:49 AM

Got the car back from Herson's body shop yesterday. Overall, I am about 90% satisfied. The paint matching isn't perfect, but it is good enough. A few coats of Zaino should bring things up to speed. Maybe there was a slight difference between the paint on the aluminum hood and non-metal bumper cover before and I never noticed. My only issue was with the front Honda emblem. It was wiggling around and really loose, they said it was because the adhesive hadn't dried. If it is still loose, I will take it off myself and fix it, not going to waste my time going back.

Glad to put that behind me. Thanks again for all your support and suggestions.
Old 01-28-2002, 06:40 AM

Don't have any "ratings", but I feel this is a relevant bit of information that is on topic:

15,000 mile service:

Jim Coleman (Clarksville, MD)
$73

Herson's (Rockville, MD)
$140

I had my 7500 mile service done at Herson's; I think the cost was just a little under $200. When I was finally able to get a breakdown of the cost, I found out they charged me one additional hour of labor ($80 or 85) because I had the comptech supercharger.

When talking to the service tech at Jim Coleman, I mentioned getting the clutch TSB done, as I have the noise big time. He said they had an S2000 in there right now having the TSB done. Please post your experience, whoever you are
Old 02-04-2002, 06:57 AM

Brought the car into Jim Coleman last week for following three items:

1) TSB 00-054 (Tranny Buzz)
2) Oil change
3) Re-affix front Honda badge that Herson's loosened when re-spraying front end.

Dropped the car off Wednesday, it was done Friday, picked it up Saturday.

End results:
1) Done perfectly - the buzz is gone. Also, clutch engagement seems to be a lot smoother. Eddie is a master.
2) No problems, no mess. Did NOT go with synthetic (still debating)
3) They couldn't get the badge to go back on right - ordered me a new one under warranty

Total cost for everything: $23.00 and change.
Piece of mind: Priceless

Note: the car was done on Friday. They kept it garaged INDOORS overnight until I picked it up on Saturday morning.

Need I say more?
Old 02-04-2002, 07:02 AM
Fed

Anybody have any experience with College Park Honda?????? My car died last night on the exit ramp to Rt. 1, and I ha to leave it there overnight. I have not heard from them yet.
Details are here: My car is dead
Old 02-04-2002, 10:02 AM

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Oh Fed! Oh no!!! That totally sucks! I hope the techs at College Park are up to snuff, both for you and your baby!! Good luck with this.

- Chris
Old 02-04-2002, 11:07 AM

Fed, I had some body work performed by them shortly after I purchased my s2k. I would say that my overall experience with them was above average. Unfortuanely I've had some very bad experience with my accord in the past. Maybe there under new management but I would shop else where if you can.

Oh yeah sorry to hear about your car.

John
Old 02-04-2002, 11:09 AM
Fed

Too late, they are already taking apart the engine. Oh well, wish me luck.

Quick Reply: Rate DC Area Service Departments