Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Rate DC Area Service Departments

Old 10-24-2001, 02:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rate the Dealer

OK, I'm going to have to get some things done. Could anyone offer references on the following dealers. I'm looking for personal experiences or background. Thanks

Jim Coleman Honda - Clarksville, MD
O'Donnell Honda - Ellicott City, MD
Ourisman Honda Of Laurel - Laurel, MD
Sport Honda - Silver Spring, MD
Old 10-24-2001, 08:00 PM

Can we add Northwest Honda, Reisterstown Rd to the list?
Old 11-01-2001, 12:17 PM

Ourisman Honda in Bethesda. Great service after purchase.
Old 11-01-2001, 12:57 PM
Fed

[QUOTE]Originally posted by HeNeSSeY
[B]Ourisman Honda in Bethesda.
Old 11-01-2001, 01:09 PM

For real?!?! The guys I dealt with were pretty cool... young kids. I forgot what their names were, Asian though.
Old 11-01-2001, 02:35 PM

OK--

Since I've been stewing for the past couple of days, let me post the good, bad and ugly about Rosenthal Honda (Tysons Corner, VA) here. A lot of wonderful stuff has been said about Vicki, one of their service managers....

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...&threadid=18053

She has gone a long way to pacify me and cover for what is basically a service department that is inept when it comes to the S2000. Vicki has been very good about covering things gratis though the car is WAAAAAAY past warranty (just short of 50K mi).

Here's a short list.
  • Took two weeks to perform TSB 054/55. Tech apparently had problems pulling the transmission and then could not pull the gearset from the housing.
  • Chipped paint when installing black chrome badge kit. Since you only use fishing wire/dental floss for this I'm still at a loss as to how.
  • After performing an oil change, left a shop rag hanging from the engine block. Luckily no fire and I saw it just hanging there the next day when I went to bleed my brakes
  • Inability to properly align the suspension. Gave me a line that the installed Spoon X-Brace made it impossible.
  • Inability to install the Mugen thermostat after two days. Tech said engine would need to be dropped.
  • When installing new rear window, it was installed backwards...inside out. After two days of repair it needed to go back to be flipped around
  • When car went back in to have window reinstalled and oriented correctly, the convertible top was ripped. Rosenthal will be replacing the top.
  • Front bumper plugs were removed from car during last service stay. Very obvious that it was not some customer walking the lot and that it was an "inside" job. PM or email me for details. That same day a customer had his roll of quarters for tolls removed from the car.
  • I called to bitch that the wind noise was still prevalent with the top latched and that I STILL wanted TSB 01-037 (replace strikers w/ those used w/ hardtop) performed as I had requested two times before and that they should order the parts. The left rear turn single went kerplooie two days before Thanksgiving. I brought the car in at 7:30am the day before Turkey Day for an oil change and to have the blinker fixed. I informed Vickie that since I was taking a long trip for the holiday I wanted the blinker fixed. After calling at 5pm I was informed that the TSB work was done and after asking specifically about the blinker I was told that was done as well. I pick up the car, make the left turn out of the dealership and realize that the bulb replacement that I paid $15 labor and $14 parts for still didn't work! A small screwdriver was lodged in the drainage gutters between the trunk and the lid. On the bright side, the top is now air leak-free at over 100mph. I returned the Monday after Thanksgiving and was told that the bulb was never replaced because they didn't have any in stock. I leave the car once again and am told later that day that they pilfered a bulb from a new S2000.
  • There are always bolts and screws and wires laying loose in the interior and trunk whenever major work is done. Always makes me wonder (given the other shoddy work) if everything has been reassembled correctly.

Let me add that Rosenthal as a rule does not issue a loaner vehicle as they do not have a fleet. They do have an agreement w/ Enterprise and will if asked authorize a rental for *1* day only. Usually anything more than that is the owner's responsibility.

Give me time as I'm sure I'll remember more. If anyone has any questions or needs details, please don't hesitate to email, PM, or call me.
Old 11-01-2001, 03:16 PM
Fed

Wow Gregg, thanks for the info. After my last experience with Ourisman, I was thinking of going to Rosenthal, even if it means me driving 30 minutes for an oil change. I guess I'll have to reconsider now. I've heard bad things about rosenthal as well. I guess i'm stuck with the lesser of the evils, especially since my next visit will be a big one (replacing clamps on top (they chatter)& metal decel noise like something is loose in 3rd and 4th gear (MY2001))
Old 11-01-2001, 06:46 PM

Have always had very good experiences with Heritage Honda in Towson, Maryland - ask for Penny. In parts, ask for Mike. Fair and some good mechanics and technicians.

Old 11-02-2001, 06:21 AM

I've had nothing but wonderful, polite, and expedient service from Jim Coleman. They were (are) really, really, great. I bought the car there too.....
Old 11-02-2001, 06:28 AM

Gregg, why do you bother going back to Rosenthal after that litany? You a masochist, or just enjoy a nice challenge?!!

Quick Reply: Rate DC Area Service Departments