Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Question Regarding Rick's Diffusers

Old 02-09-2003, 09:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question Regarding Rick's Diffusers

Most people are saying (whomever installed the diffusers) that for 3 months there is a guarentee of no problems....what happens after 3 months? If i do change to the clear diffusers, am i guranteed no problems at all? How has it lasted for people whom have had it for some time now? any condensation or things like htat?........thanx

-anu

P.S- Which do u think looks better Clear JDM or USDM
Old 02-09-2003, 03:37 PM

no problems at all.

i'd go with usdm. it diffuses the light better imho.
Old 02-10-2003, 08:46 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

[Posted this same response in your "Under the Hood" thread, but just in case you didn't see it there....]

Guarantee of such a conversion is all about making the owner feel good about your service. The concern one faces once opening anything already "factory-sealed" is that you re-create that same sealed unit upon completion of the work. Most folks don't go splashin' water all up in the headlamp assembly/front of their cars just to prove that the converted units are sealed. But 3 months of driving in the elements should prove whether or not there are any leaks. Finally, I would say that in a two-fold effort to ensure a re-sealed unit, I utilize Honda's existing sealant from the headlamps as well as a bead of clear aquarium silicon sealant (hey, if it keep water from leaking out of aquariums...right?) before the headlamps are shipped back to their owners and/or re-installed back into the owner's car.

Thanks ace. Oh, and honest to goodness, liking JDM vs. USDM styling has got to be a matter of personal taste. If you have not done so, you might want to click the link in my sig to see a series of pics of converted diffusers. Maybe that will help you decide.

- Dave
Old 02-10-2003, 11:03 AM

I've had mine on since the weekend we got the car (Thanksgiving) and have had no problems. I did mine myself, but having someone like Dave (w1ngman) do yours would probably make for an even better job of resealing them (he's done it god knows how many times now - no substitute for experience).

Our RSX sports JDM DC5 headlights - they get light condensation, despite having never been unsealed. Go figure.

In terms of USDM vs JDM - I'm partial to the smoked USDM style; looks great on silver and black cars, in my opinion. In the end, it's all personal preference, though.

Ryan