Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

question about the hard dog roll bar

Old 12-25-2009, 05:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question about the hard dog roll bar

im thinking about purchasing the hard dog roll bar tonight,

i was wondering would i be able to gutt everything(stock roll hoops,cross bar that the oem hoops connect to)
but still keep my soft top in place, becuase when i look at it, it looks as if the cross bar holds the motors and whatnot in place

???

thanks in advance!
Old 12-25-2009, 06:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you going to get harnesses?
Old 12-25-2009, 06:07 PM

since its still my daily, i want to keep the stock belts for now, and order the thing from hard dog that works with the stock belts.
Old 12-25-2009, 06:34 PM

I kinda wanna see pics of that part that works with the stock seat belts.

I've been confused on that part as of lately. I don't have the skill or no anyone with the time to cut up my interior to fit the bar around it. I feel like I need seats and harnesses before I get the HD.

Meanwhile, I'm sticking with my Cusco Bar until I get seats and harnesses. HD Bar with stripped interior and without Racing seats and harnesses won't look good, IMO.
Old 12-25-2009, 06:48 PM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes, you can keep the softtop in place with the HD bars.

I'm not totally sure what needs to be done to be able to use the oem belts.
Old 12-25-2009, 07:33 PM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

I'm pretty sure you can easily use the factory belts especially if you keep the bulkhead in place. The only problem is I don't think there is an easy way to run both harnesses and the factory belts at the same time. I'm also saying this assuming you'd want the one with the lowered harness bar that requires you to gut the rear trim. I had been contemplating the same thing. I won't have a hardtop anytime soon (if ever) and b/c I daily drive the car right now I just want to use the factory seat belts and nothing else.
Old 12-25-2009, 07:38 PM

I don't think the Bulkhead would fit with the lowered bar Maybe with the regular harness bar
Old 12-25-2009, 11:24 PM

hard dog sells a bracket to mount the oem seat belt thingy to the bar for $60.

the only question i had was if i take the oem hoops out and the cross bar that the bars go into, would the top still be held in place. skip thank you for clearing that up. i will be ordering the bar.
Old 12-26-2009, 06:20 AM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Ak,Dec 26 2009, 03:24 AM
hard dog sells a bracket to mount the oem seat belt thingy to the bar for $60.

the only question i had was if i take the oem hoops out and the cross bar that the bars go into, would the top still be held in place. skip thank you for clearing that up. i will be ordering the bar.
I know HD can add the seatbelt guides to the HD bar, however, I'm not sure where the retractors for the oem belts mount. There is a guy in Cali that actually cut the bulkhead in half- vertical cut in line with transmission tunnel. This allowed him to remove/install the bulkhead when he wanted to use a certain restrant device, belts or harnesses.

Also, I'm going down to HardDog Tuesday to pick up my car. If they have your bar in stock, I could bring it to Fredericksburg. If you could get it from my place, you'd save shipping.
Old 12-26-2009, 06:32 AM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

I'm about 99% sure you can put the bulkhead back in even with the lowered harness bar. I know I had emailed harddog about it a while back b/c I was considering buying the rollbar and that was one of the things I was most concerned about.

Quick Reply: question about the hard dog roll bar