Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

q300 single or berk single too loud for daily driving in MD?

Old 02-19-2013, 04:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default q300 single or berk single too loud for daily driving in MD?

I'm looking to get a single exhaust, and due to cost constraints and styling preferences I've narrowed my options down to the q300 single or possibly the berk single (if it's not ridiculously loud). At this point I'm still undecided on whether I'll run them with with a test pipe, high flow cat, our sick with the stock cat. I will more than likely go with the option that offers the least drone and most pleasant daily drive experience (not ridiculously loud).

First, does anybody have either of these exhausts in md? If so, how is the drone and volume suit daily driving? What setup are your running in regards to cat?

Secondly, have you had any issues with police ticketing you for either the volume of your exhaust or the fact that you didn't have a cat (smell from running a test pipe).

I've had good experience with my motorcycles, which are fairly loud and don't have cats, but I don't put many miles on my bikes so I may have just been lucky.

I appreciate any feedback.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:09 AM

I think it depends on where you live in MD. I live in Columbia, and my Skunk2 exhaust has never gotten me in trouble. However, I keep the silencers 95% of the time in to keep me from hating my own car. I also make sure to not to drive WOT when I see any cops nearby.

I have heard of people being harassed in Harford County, but I haven't experienced it myself. Either way, it's a local police thing - I'm pretty sure that State Police aren't going to be pulling anyone over for exhaust mods.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by dirtycrabcakes
I think it depends on where you live in MD. I live in Columbia, and my Skunk2 exhaust has never gotten me in trouble. However, I keep the silencers 95% of the time in to keep me from hating my own car. I also make sure to not to drive WOT when I see any cops nearby.

I have heard of people being harassed in Harford County, but I haven't experienced it myself. Either way, it's a local police thing - I'm pretty sure that State Police aren't going to be pulling anyone over for exhaust mods.
Good point. I'll mostly be in our around the bmore area, with occasional trips to anne Arundel county. But,I do bounce around the state, so all feedback regarding police enforcement of exhausts in MD is appreciated.

Thanks
Old 02-19-2013, 07:25 AM

Why dont you go with a dual q300 exhaust. IMO, its the best exhaust. Not too loud or not too quiet, it is just perfect

I had one for a year or so with stock CAT and never had any problem with the COPS, now getting the same for my new ap2
Old 02-19-2013, 07:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by s2k_chimp
Good point. I'll mostly be in our around the bmore area, with occasional trips to anne Arundel county. But,I do bounce around the state, so all feedback regarding police enforcement of exhausts in MD is appreciated.

Thanks
It's officer's discretion to stop for a loud exhaust anywhere in the state. If you do get stopped you're looking at a possible repair order or a $60-70 citation, or both. I'd say you're more likely to get cited for that violation in places like Howard county where they have more time for traffic enforcement as opposed to places like Baltimore... just keep in mind that if an officer is looking for PC to stop you then you've just given them a reason.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by mikec27
Originally Posted by s2k_chimp' timestamp='1361286255' post='22347391

Thanks
It's officer's discretion to stop for a loud exhaust anywhere in the state. If you do get stopped you're looking at a possible repair order or a $60-70 citation, or both. I'd say you're more likely to get cited for that violation in places like Howard county where they have more time for traffic enforcement as opposed to places like Baltimore... just keep in mind that if an officer is looking for PC to stop you then you've just given them a reason.
I appreciate the feedback.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by mo19249
Why dont you go with a dual q300 exhaust. IMO, its the best exhaust. Not too loud or not too quiet, it is just perfect

I had one for a year or so with stock CAT and never had any problem with the COPS, now getting the same for my new ap2
That's probably what I'm going to go with if the singles turn out too be too loud/obnoxious for daily driving.