Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

The potential for Super Autobacs

Old 10-24-2006, 04:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The potential for Super Autobacs

Hi all,

Im sure that most of us here have heard of super autobacs. If not, it is a japanese automotive company that sell performance and maintenance parts for almost every japanese import car. These stores are spread all over Japan and there is even one in SoCal see here. My goal is to bring one over here to the east coast, preferably to the mid-atlantic and tristate area. My goal is to install it in a location that is a reasonable distance from NYC, Phila, and D.C.(not forgetting about you maryland or virginia people ). Right now Im doing research to see if there is enough of an interest base on the east coast to get one over here. Please give me your imput, ideas, rants, etc. Thank you very much!

Cory
Old 10-24-2006, 04:41 PM

Seriously, if super autobacs were to get located close enough to us i would be there every min. of the day...but i HIGHLY doubt it'll ever happen...
Old 10-24-2006, 05:00 PM

It is much closer to happening then you think. They are looking for locations on the east coast and Im trying to work myself into the project to get one in the mid-atlantic, tri-state and new england area
Old 10-24-2006, 05:12 PM

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

Northern VA would be a good location, lots of disposable income.
Old 10-24-2006, 05:19 PM

This is true. And it would be a great location. However, it would leave out the NY area. I was thinking more around southern or norther philadelphia region because of the convience of I-95. And although this area doesn't have the most disposable imcome, there are MANY areas around that do and that would make the 1-hour trip to come. I think that a second east coast store would be perfect for that area though.
Old 10-24-2006, 07:16 PM

Frankly speaking, I think you're thinking too small. The DC area is completely inundated with car enthusiasts and we have VIR, Richmond, and Summit Point Raceway within driving distance. There's too much disposable income out here (to the point where I can't buy a decent friggin house). NYC has an even larger population, has Limerock closeby, and tons of income. I think a NJ or Connecticut location would clean up as well. I don't know that you're going to be able to service all of these areas from Philly...personally, I'd just continue ordering online if you were in Philly.
Just being honest...
Old 10-24-2006, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by CourageOO7,Oct 24 2006, 11:16 PM
I don't know that you're going to be able to service all of these areas from Philly...personally, I'd just continue ordering online if you were in Philly.
Just being honest...

Pick either NY or DC metro, but don't go halfway between. You'll end up alienating both and having to settle for a small PA crowd. Given the # of people in NY, I'd probably put it there, or nearby in NJ (lower commercial real estate cost).

- Jeremy (jnn4v)
Old 10-24-2006, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by jnn4v,Oct 24 2006, 10:42 PM

Pick either NY or DC metro, but don't go halfway between. You'll end up alienating both and having to settle for a small PA crowd. Given the # of people in NY, I'd probably put it there, or nearby in NJ (lower commercial real estate cost).

- Jeremy (jnn4v)
I disagree...most people in NYC don't even own a car. DC is a city whose workforce is composed 50% by people commuting from suburban communities. I think they'd have far more success with a NOVA location because of the huge racing community and suburban tendencies we have in DC. I think most young professionals in NYC tend to prefer to stay in the city.
Old 10-25-2006, 04:44 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

That would be awesome to have one in the area, even if it is a little drive. But, Like said already, If its to far away from someone they will probably just shop online.

Reguardless, Good luck with it!
Old 10-25-2006, 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by s2kzorz,Oct 24 2006, 08:19 PM
This is true. And it would be a great location. However, it would leave out the NY area. I was thinking more around southern or norther philadelphia region because of the convience of I-95. And although this area doesn't have the most disposable imcome, there are MANY areas around that do and that would make the 1-hour trip to come. I think that a second east coast store would be perfect for that area though.
Those that have disposible income don't necessarily want to go to places that don't... I would say either do NY or DC, if you put it half way between, neither will go. Maybe car clubs will organize a trip now and then, but no one is just going to swing by for the heck of it. Philly is 2.5-3hrs from NOVA, plus a whole lot of tolls.

Quick Reply: The potential for Super Autobacs