Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Opinion on exhaust

Old 06-09-2007, 04:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinion on exhaust

Hey guys, I have an Invidia V3 exhaust on a MY06 staying NA and as you all know probably..its LOUD. especially without silencers. im thinking about switching up to another exhaust or some other route but not quite know yet. what i propose is to get a crude poll of what exhaust loudness haha I think it can pretty much be safe to say the invidia would rank 10 on a scale from 1 to 10..can others chime in to what they think other exhaust would rate at on loudness and just what would be a decent middle between stock and invidia? ive looked into fujitsubo and i know they dont have drone but it still sounds a little muffled to me. and i want to keep it dual. dont care about performance cause exhaust cant do that much anyhow and pretty much anything is better than stock restrictive piping in my opinion. ive heard that the new berk headers quiets down drone a bit too? hopefully ill be able to meet more of you on the P Tuning day and maybe get to hear some of your cars and get a real life sound clip

so lets see what we get.. :

Invidia V3 = 10 ( IMO)
Stock= 1 (poop)
Old 06-09-2007, 05:04 AM

you say yours is loud...i have the same exhaust with a invidia test pipe and a arc air box, and i love the sound but if you are wanting something more quiet....i would "suggest" the hks hi-power those allways look and sound real clean and mean. i;d say it rates around a 5-6 range.. but thats just my 2cents
Old 06-09-2007, 07:35 AM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Invidia, unsilenced, is not even close to the loudest. Loudest is Veilside Teardrop single and whatever the Spa with black wheels was running at the January meet in Richmond- JIC single IIRC. That thing was plain stupid sounding. At least the Invidia has a hint of throatiness.

Singles, however functional they may be, look stupid. I have one, but for weight savings and performance.

Comptech, Super Sprint, Fuji-something-or-other are exhausts that are in betwen your listed ones and won't cost an arm and a leg. Supposedly Spugen and HKS have remedied their rusting problems.
Old 06-09-2007, 07:37 AM

Comptech and Fujitsubo are great... only get loud at WOT VTEC
Old 06-09-2007, 10:02 AM

Get an HKS and call it a day.
Old 06-09-2007, 10:03 AM

Oh yeah, add a test pipe with that HKS.
Old 06-09-2007, 10:47 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i have HKS with test pipe. it's like stock in normal driving, but when you step on it it gets super throaty, not too loud though. sounds good, not ear-bleeding loud like the invidia. at WOT it kind of screams, but with the FIPK it also has somewhat of a nice howl. i gave my friend a ride (he tracks 3 cars and does all his own work in his garage, and he knows his stuff) and he thought it sounded awesome. he said it was kind of like a bike.

i have the HKS/TP now and had the Invidia before. i loved my Invidia and wish i had it again, but the parents hated the loudness. they're cool with the HKS but they still think it's a little loud, but they're parents so they're just saying that. the HKS is probably your best bet.

i can meet you if you want to hear what it's like and you can drive it if you want.
Old 06-09-2007, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by blue03s2k,Jun 9 2007, 02:02 PM
Get an HKS and call it gay.
Old 06-09-2007, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by nightcrawler7188,Jun 9 2007, 02:47 PM
they still think it's a little loud, but they're parents so they're just saying that.
Wrong. They're smart. I'm a parent. My children will not be allowed to have loud exhausts, bling-bling wheels, or slammed cars until they move out and are on their own- even if they wanted to pay for it with their own money. Drawing add'l attention to young drivers is not prudent.
Old 06-09-2007, 12:05 PM

Received 789 Likes on 477 Posts

I'd go for Comptech over HKS, but that's me. If you go Spugen, don't go their cannister version or you'll be in for an earful, literally.

Quick Reply: Opinion on exhaust