Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Ok, this guy is really ticks me off...

Old 03-28-2002, 07:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ok, this guy is really ticks me off...

Here's the story:
I spotted a black S2K about a week ago driving Northbound on I-95 from downtown Baltimore. I drove behind him/near him for about 6 miles trying to see if it was someone I might know. The driver seemed to ignore me or have no idea that I was there driving near him (which is impossible). So I pulled up next to him after we got off on the same exit onto 695 West and I gave him a friendly wave, rev, and smile. Nothing, he just kept staring ahead, blatantly ignored me, and continued on his way . C'mon guy! we have the same car! I'm not some over-excited civic driver trying to run you off the road in an effort to get noticed. Some acknowledgement would've been nice. Anyhow, he's an asian guy in his early 20's and has Maryland tags with the word "Mirrage".

I saw him again yesterday and still got no look, nod, wave....nothing. Maybe he has a serious neck condition and can't turn his head . Does anyone know this person, or have you had a similar experience? It sure puts a damper on my S2K spirit.

Steve
Old 03-28-2002, 07:17 AM

oops, the title should have been "this guy is really ticking me off" ...bad grammar day
Old 03-28-2002, 07:22 AM

Don't let it get to you Steve. Maybe he was tired or just having a bad day/s. Who knows?? I've ran into a few drivers that didn't wave back, but on the same note I'm sure I have ignored some drivers due to me not noticing or yapping on the cell phone .
Old 03-28-2002, 07:34 AM

I had a similar experience yesterday with an S2K owner.

I was driving on I-95 and getting off the Newtown exit in Pennsylvania. Right in front of me pulled a silver s2000. I thought, cool, maybe he's from the boards, let me pull up and say hi. We ended up behind a tow truck with car in tow so traffic was real slow. He pulled into the shoulder and blows past the tow truck and I was thinking to myself, ok, dude must be at least half cool. I dropped into the shoulder and blew past the tow truck myself. As we got to the end of the road, I pulled up next to him at the light and rolled down my window. Dude wouldn't look over. I waved and beeped my horn lightly... Still no response... I'm thinking the same thing... Does this guy have some serious neck problem... Anyways, I beep one more time and this pr1ck still doesn't look... Finally I just give him the finger, make my turn and drive off with a little less respect for s2000 owners.... After a while, I realized that hey... I'm sure most of you s2000 owners are pretty cool... Just unfortunate you have soo many pr1cks amongst you all...

On a side note, I was on my way to work this morning and crossed Business Route 1. At the light was a black/red s2000 with a younger guy driving it. He seemed like he would be a meber of the forums. He noticed my car right away and I noticed. Was gonna wave as I passed, but had my windows rolled up. If ya read this, Sweet ride bro!!
Old 03-28-2002, 08:01 AM

Yeah, I notice some owners won't waive sometimes. Oh well....you think everyone knows about this board but you would be surprised!
Old 03-28-2002, 08:07 AM

Nah.... Not really the fact about knowing the board.... Just common human decency about waving to someone who's waving at you.... It's pretty to plain out ignore someone... Oh Well..
Old 03-28-2002, 09:48 AM

Originally posted by Buzz_Hog_RSX_S
Nah.... Not really the fact about knowing the board.... Just common human decency about waving to someone who's waving at you.... It's pretty to plain out ignore someone... Oh Well..
Aight lets try this again ...
Anyways try heading up to NYC and waive at peeps you don't know and see how that pans out. I can direct you to the friendliest part of town to provide you with the warm welcome that you are seeking .
Old 03-28-2002, 10:11 AM

DC to rt 66

It was late afternoon.

Behind me a pair of bright HIDS come closer and closer.

I look down at speedo, I'm going 80mph. hmmmmm I slow down.

The pair of HIDs get even closer now.. Hey! its a red s2000.

The nose of the red s2000 is at my right door now.. The red s2000 lurches forward and revs at me.

I look over again.

WOW. Really cute red head in a pony tail waves at me.

I smile.

she smiles.

I wave back.

I rev back.

She exits off towards tysons.

Not all encounters are bad! hehe..
Old 03-28-2002, 10:28 AM

Originally posted by KaiWang
DC to rt 66

Really cute red head in a pony tail waves at me.

I smile.

she smiles.

I wave back.

I rev back.

She exits off towards tysons.

Not all encounters are bad! hehe..
I need to move closer to DC
Old 03-28-2002, 10:42 AM

I'm still waiting for my first rejection -- so far, I've enjoyed nothing but waves, smiles, and peace signs from fellow S2000 drivers. Hey, I'll wave to anyone -- I waved at a Miata driver two weekends ago because we were the only convertible owners on Rock Creek Parkway with our tops down..and it was a beautiful day, for pete's sake.

Go over to the Miata forum and you'll see a lot of angst over drivers not waving back -- I guess it happens as our cars become more popular.

Quick Reply: Ok, this guy is really ticks me off...