Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

not "THE" Summit Point day, but if any of you are interested....

Old 03-05-2002, 07:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default not "THE" Summit Point day, but if any of you are interested....

Myself and another S2000 buddy of mine (here in Baltimore) are headed down to Summit Point on May 3 (friday) for FATT... I know that you guys have another day planned but this something I commited to a while ago. Just wanted to shout this out to the rest of the gang in case anybody else was interested in meeting up with us. There are still a few spots to sign-up but they won't last long...

http://www.summitpoint-raceway.com/SPR.HTM

http://www.bsr-inc.com/FATT.HTM
Old 03-05-2002, 07:36 PM

I think May 3rd is when Hiro is organizing the next large group outing there. A few of us can't wait and will head there in April also.
Old 03-06-2002, 04:23 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

yeah, just signed up for April 19th FATT. Just come to the April one as well
Old 03-06-2002, 06:57 AM

I've been signed up for the May 3rd. I think we should have
some kind of pool for fastest lap
Old 03-06-2002, 07:35 AM

Glad to hear some other S2K will be there also... Esp for those from the Baltimore area that might be going on that date also, let me know and perhaps we'll do a drive together down there...

and seriously, for those of you that will be running on: OEM wheels/tires, brakes, and suspension with no intake/engine work (i.e., a 100% stock S2000), I'd pitch in $50 to a pool for the fastest lap....

anybody up for that ???
Old 03-06-2002, 07:42 AM

Okay - I guess I will be going on April 19 & May 3 too. You guys are killing me!

Not to be a wuss - but I don't think that its possible to do a "fastest lap" bet. Two reasons - First, who's got a timer? Second, and more important, there is ALWAYS traffic. Kind of hard to compare when some Saab is in front of you through the chute. So, I don't think it is doable.
Old 03-06-2002, 08:11 AM

Hiroprotaganist - I could be talking out of my ass b/c I've never raced Summit Point, so I am not familiar with the particulars of the event (if the track is timed for one car per lap, if it was timed at all, etc..)... but I am always up for a little fun with the next guy who thinks their driving skills are superior to mine... I like to keep things interesting...

either way, I'm up to meet up with other interesting and like-minded folk... and to test my skills... a fun way to blow $175...
Old 03-06-2002, 08:55 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ricklobo
[B]Hiroprotaganist
Old 03-06-2002, 09:05 AM

How do track fastest lap?
Easy, every s2000 driver picks a buddy in the other group (a person in group a finds a buddy in group b) and
they time each other. Any cheap timex ironman will do the trick. Now you may be held up by a ninny, but
you get four session on the track. So that should give you a good chance for some fast laps.

I'm in, but how about we make the ante $20 instead.
Old 03-06-2002, 09:27 AM

Have you guys been to a FATT event before? Ya can't do it (timing) because of the traffic & passing rules there - there are only 3 places to go & it is permission based. The (proper) emphasis is on safety and skill development. So, even under the "buddy" system any times would vary greatly and not be a means for comparison. You going to have an instructor with you at all times, if you are outside the line they will grab your wheel. Just because you happen to be on a track doesn't mean that it will be a free for all. No one wants to end up like Viper guy after Turn 3 last week....

Quick Reply: not "THE" Summit Point day, but if any of you are interested....