Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Northwest Honda

Old 07-22-2002 | 11:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Northwest Honda

Just got my s2000 at Northwest Honda - anyone had experience with their service dept good or bad?
Old 07-23-2002 | 08:39 AM

I have no experience with their service department. I am very impressed with Jim Coleman's service. I did buy my car at Northwest though. Who did you deal with?
Old 07-23-2002 | 11:41 AM

I dealt with Rick Haber - he did a good job. I guess I'll try their service 1st - see how it goes.
Old 08-02-2002 | 03:33 AM

northwest is good and probably is one of best honda dealer around.
Old 08-02-2002 | 11:40 AM

Just did my first oil change w/ them - no problems there. Thanks for the info.
Old 08-06-2002 | 02:52 PM

Received 789 Likes on 477 Posts

I've heard some "not so great" things about them when dealing with civics/accords (the one on Reisterstown Rd). Mainly that people go in for an oil change and come out paying for a hole in their muffler. I don't know if this is coincidence since it's happened to more than a few people. But I figure I'd throw it in there. Of course, I would either take it there (for convenience) or preferably to the Honda in Towson.
Old 08-07-2002 | 12:01 PM

I don't normally throw stones but...

...Here we go.

I've got a few mods and typically have them installed by others (when requiring a lift, or having other service done at the same time). Northwest who is convenient to me has their S2000 certified mechanic, and he has scratched-up my billet aluminum engine bay stuff, installed my strut tower brace backward, performed the clutch TSB repair leaving my trans leaking for several weeks (unable to find the leak). Finally he did find it but boy what a pain and boy what a mess on my driveway and garage floor.

The guy has made it very clear that he doesn't like mods, but who gives a sh**! I'm the customer, therefore; I'm always right!! And if the dealership agrees to install a strut tower bar in an engine bay with lots of polished shiney stuff, then they are obligated to:

1. Do it Right.

2. Don't scratch up the shiney stuff!!!!! A simple shop rag covering during their work will do!

Furthermore, this guy ridicules me with totally unknowledgable comments such as "the x-brace does absolutely noting for the car" and "the only way to get better handling is stickier tires"

The x-brace is a world of difference and tires don't come much more sticky than a warm set of S02's!

They should keep this guy away from S2000's & away from customers.
Old 08-09-2002 | 10:29 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Hey Jazzy Guy-
Sounds like you've been havin' fun out in the NW I sent you an e-mail a short while ago... may see you soon, but I'm about to leave the office here. You have my cell# and I will also have your numbers in the car.
Jerry
Old 08-16-2002 | 09:16 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by TepEvan
[B]I've heard some "not so great" things about them when dealing with civics/accords (the one on Reisterstown Rd).
Old 08-18-2002 | 05:59 PM

Received 789 Likes on 477 Posts

You are correct. Heritage is right off the exit for Harford road. Although, I believe they are renovating the Towson location for service only... I could be wrong :-)

Quick Reply: Northwest Honda