Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

new to board

Old 12-20-2001, 07:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got my car around late september- good news is i just made an app. to get my hardtop installed-
Old 12-20-2001, 07:54 AM
Fed

[QUOTE]Originally posted by princess20
[B]I got my car
Old 12-20-2001, 08:03 AM

[QUOTE]
Please try to keep your pants on, no matter how much you get the urge to show your "battle scars"!!!!
Old 12-20-2001, 08:10 AM

yup i sure do-everyday - probably was me
Old 12-20-2001, 10:07 AM

just wondering- what exactly is wrong with Herson's Honda?- hope its not anything too bad because thats were I'm taking my car tom.-
Old 12-20-2001, 10:11 AM

HEY! You guys didn't show this much interest in me when I showed up!

Oh and princess, even the Queen (and she knows who she is) has to read the rest of the board to get her questions answered.
Old 12-20-2001, 10:18 AM

oops -didn't see it- great now i'm a bit nervous about tom
Old 12-20-2001, 10:21 AM
Fed

well, good luck tomorrow, just hope they'll be walking on eggshells now when they deal with another S2000, since EJ already sent his letter in. So you might just be ok.
Old 12-20-2001, 10:22 AM

Originally posted by princess20
just wondering- what exactly is wrong with Herson's Honda?- hope its not anything too bad because thats were I'm taking my car tom.-
I guess you read what EJ (Hiroprotaganist) posted about Herson's. I brought my car in after only 3 days of ownership because my 4th gear poped out several times. They drove the car for several miles, the interior was dirty, and my convertible top (driver side) mis-aligned, and this is what they told me "Sir, you shouldn't drive your car in 4th gear for more than 20 minutes, you should only do that in 6th gear." Those are the exactly words came out of the service advisor's mouth. Will or William is the name, think he was on the green team.

That was not a pleasant service experience for me, but the case might vary from person to person. Good luck to you.
Old 12-20-2001, 10:31 AM

Originally posted by princess20
oops -didn't see it- great now i'm a bit nervous about tom
That is truely one of the great things about reading this board - being aware of things such as these. Although it can make you nervous sometimes, you can learn from other people's experiences and mistakes.

Lessons to be learned from EJ's (Hiroprotagonist) experience with Hersons:
1) Do not pick your car up in the evening - it does not allow for a proper inspection
2) Make sure the condition of your car is documented very well before service, and make sure it is in same if not better when you pick it up.
3) If you have to pick it up in the evening, drive it somewhere on the lot where it is lighted for a thorough inspection - I'd have a service person with you for this.

It is a sad state of affairs that we can't trust our car with Honda techs, but this is how it is, so we must protect ourselves as much as possible.

My final recommendation, and I'm sure you know this already, get to know your service people, and work some of your charm on them. Women can get what they want most of the time (except from me ). My wife got another year free oil changes just coz she talks to her service tech. - makes me sick, but hey...saves me money

Good luck with the hardtop install - it should look great. Perhaps you should come go karting with us Saturday! Read thread here

Quick Reply: new to board