Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Need some help

Old 07-25-2007, 12:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

File Claim w/ Paypal and Stop Payment with the Credit Card. As simple as that.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:37 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Whuuuh?... Huhh?

Dan, I swear...everytime I see your sig pic...I forget what the hell the topic was that I was about to reply to

Ummm...do what the other guys suggested . I'ma just stare a lil' longer if ya don't mind

- Dave
Old 07-26-2007, 03:50 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No kiddin', Dave... I've even craned my neck up to the screen waiting for something to jiggle... nope, rock solid!
Old 07-26-2007, 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by goldenfri,Jul 25 2007, 12:06 PM
I would say contact your credit card company first. They will issue you a conditional credit on your statement then will contact paypal to get the money. Generally paypal will only give you money if the seller has that amount sitting around in their paypal. If they removed it paypal says too bad. If they do suspend your account it doesn't take very long to just make another one.

Sorry, it totally sucks, I've been there.
As a buyer thats never happened to me before. Paypal guarantees most purchases through eBay up to a certain dollar amount.

Even if the seller does not have the amount in their Paypal account, the Paypal TOS says that they can charge the amount they need back onto the credit card you have on file with them or siphon the money you owe them back out of your bank account. Nasty huh? It works great against scammers who are sellers, not so great against honest sellers with buyers who are scammers.

Again, I would recommend you do not reverse the charge through your credit card company without first trying to go through Paypal and have them give the money back to you. Filing a complaint through eBay is good too, if he gets too many complaints eBay will cancel his account.

I know Ross bought an S2000 diff off eBay and the seller never shipped, he filed a complaint through eBay and Paypal and the seller never responded to either complaint. Paypal issued the money back to Ross.

BTW- How easy is it to create a new Paypal account when they tie it to your bank account / credit card account? If they suspend your account and claim you owe them money, they're not going to let you open a new account with the same bank account / credit card amount. I guess if you got a new bank account and credit card you could do it. But that sounds like a huge pain in the ass.
Old 07-26-2007, 06:18 AM

Well I was spamed by filmatic on this site. (An s2ki SPONSOR by the way)

1. File a complaint with paypal. You need to do this within 30 days. They give the seller a couple days to respond to your complaint, and then paypal will rule in favor either for you or the seller. Even if paypal rules in favor for you in the case, DO NOT expect your money back from paypal. If you do get it back, then you got lucky. (I never received my money back and neither did any of the others that got spamed by filmatic.

2. File a complaint with Ebay. I'm sure they have security/insurance procedures dealing with things like this. And they probably work with paypal in returning your money. But paypal themselves will not return your money unless you purchased the protection when sending the payment.

3. Call your bank/credit card company and alert them of the issue. I wouldn't request money back at the moment or a stop payment, till paypal and ebay have gotten back to you. This way you can still keep your good standings with paypal and ebay and make sure they rule in favor for you. Once paypal and ebay have ruled then by all means request money back or a stop payment from your bank/credit card company if you haven't received anything back yet.

4. YOU SHOULD DO THIS!!! After ebay and paypal have ruled in your favor. (You'll need/want this evidence to submit) File a complaint with IC3. This is the Internet Crime Complaint Center and they will open a case regarding this issue and try to find the culprit and prosecute them.

Either way, it's a huge headache all the way around. My issue started in early May, it's still going on till this day. Haven't received any money as of yet. However, filmatic was arrested and found guilty but got off with 5 years probation and restitution. Now I've been filling out papers/forms for the past month dealing with the restitution part, but still no money has been returned and won't till he starts to give the county money to pay back his restitution which I'm still in doubt of. But on another note, if it wasn't for me and the others filing a report with IC3, he'd still be spamming people for money.
Old 07-26-2007, 06:52 AM

Well, I emailed them yesterday stating they had 24 hours to produce a tracking number. The guy sent me an email at 1pm that said:
------------------------------------------------
Don I am sorry you did not receive a call back. Please give me a number and i will call you right away. Thanks
------------------------------------------------

Even though my phone # had been provided multiple times before, and it was also visible 1 email down in the email trail, I responded with it again less than 20 min later.

Still No call

So, I just filed a dispute with PayPal saying he has 24 hours to refund my money or I will escalate it to a formal claim. I tried to open a dispute with eBay, but since I paid with PayPal it directs me back to PayPal and tells me to file a dispute with them.

So, hopefully he's smart and just refunds my money Although, I have a feeling he won't be

So if he doesn't refund my money, do I escalate it to a claim and wait for PayPal to say they can't do anything and then call my CC company?

Or, do I escalate it to a claim and then call my CC company without waiting?

Just trying not to screw up the process at all.

Oh, and Dave, I do agree. She always makes me go

So for everyone's viewing pleasure!!!
Old 07-26-2007, 07:08 AM

Hello,

First off I understand your concern I would be upset too. I work at a credit card company. First Off If you paid through PalPal you can put in a dispute they have your back. If you do it through your bank the investigation my take up to 60 days but they may issue you a credit that is subject to be taken back if they favor in the seller. If you have any further questions please fell free to PM me @ anytime.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:10 AM

Also let me add. There is a myth that a credit card company can stop a charge. That is false. Once you authorize a charge we will let it go through. You are Protected by law for fradulant charges. But you have the right to dispute at anytime.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:45 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There is a myth that a credit card company can stop a charge. That is false. Once you authorize a charge we will let it go through.
What does that mean? You "authorize" a charge the moment you use the credit card to make the purchase. The merchant receives the money within 30 days from the processor. The CC owner still has the right to a chargeback, and a successful appeal on a chargeback will see the money returned to the CC owner by way of the CC company, even if money is not immediately taken back from the merchant.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:39 AM

[QUOTE=MacGyver,Jul 26 2007, 11:45 AM]What does that mean?

Quick Reply: Need some help