Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Need some help

Old 07-25-2007, 06:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Need some help

Hey guys

I am currently in a situation that I need some advice on how to handle, and I figured what better group to turn to (I figured someone here might have had something like this happen to them before)

On July 11 I purchased HAWK HPS brake pads for my G through eBay. The seller was somewhat new (had 48 reps with all positive and 1 negative), but seemed legit. Anyway, the auction was a "buy it now" that stated USPS Priority shipping (2-3 days) was free and to allow 2-5 days for processing. I paid through PayPal with my Mastercard.

Here's the problem, as of today I have yet to receive them I sent them emails on Monday, called twice, and left one voicemail. Here is the trail of events:

Monday:
Email sent from me (both from my hotmail acct and eBay acct)-
------------------------------
Hey there-
I purchased these on July 11th and have still yet to see them. I sent payment right after I bought them here on eBay (see your receipt below). I have not heard anything from you, and I even sent you an email on the date of purchase. It states priority shipping in the listing for 2-3 days.

Please get back to me and let me know what is going on. I need these pads ASAP!
Thanks-
Don

Called, no answer, called later and left voicemail

I received a reply to my email (direct copy and paste, looks really professional )-
if you did not recieve them they must have been lost in transit. Could i get a number to call you at so we can fix the problem ?

I replied to the email-
Hi there-
Thanks for getting back to me. I have not received them. Is there a tracking #? I gave you a call a little while ago and left a voicemail. You can reach me at 443-***-**** anytime the rest of tonight and most anytime tomorrow.
Thanks-
Don

Tuesday:
I received NO call Monday or Tuesday.

Received email (direct copy and paste; again, professional )-
did anyone call you back yet ?

I sent a reply email-
Hi there-
I have not received any calls back yet.
Thanks-
Don

I called and spoke to a woman that took a message for me and said that the person I needed to talk to was in a meeting at the time and he would call when he got out. Still no call. I called last night and left a voicemail.

He still has yet to get back to me at all

At this point I just want to cut ties with this and get pads somewhere else. I really need the pads ASAP and this whole bit is just shady. He states above that they got lost in transit, yet if you look on his eBay reps someone posted another Neg last Thurs with the same prob I'm having (same exact item) and his response was that they were on backorder and he had communicated that. My order was placed after this other guys. So, his are on backorder and mine got lost in the mail
Here's my eBay auction that you can find his info:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...57561&rd=1&rd=1

How can I get out of this?
Stop payment on my credit card?
File a claim with PayPal?

Sorry for the long write up, but If anyone can give some advice I would appreciate it.

Thanks guys!
Don
Old 07-25-2007, 07:05 AM

Received 2,264 Likes on 1,414 Posts

I went through this one time before, where i paid through paypal, and did not recieve the package or couldn't get in contact with them. I think what we ended up doing was filing something through ebay and/or paypal. But you might want to end up talking to your credit card company too. there should be something on ebay about this.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:06 AM

sorry to here that...im not te biggest ebay fan...plus it looks like you spent a pretty penny.....file a claim and call your credit card company
Old 07-25-2007, 07:07 AM

Received 2,264 Likes on 1,414 Posts

http://pages.ebay.com/help/tp/questions/pr...on-program.html

that might help.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:09 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Send an email stating they have 24 hours to provide a valid tracking number of the order will be considered canceled and you will start proceedings with PayPal to have the charge reversed. If/when PayPal can't help, talk to the credit card company.

You gave them plenty of opportunities to tell you they were backordered, or even proof it was mailed in the first place. These days, it's not worth making this a 3 month ordeal. Give them one day, cancel the order, and move on... don't forget to leave appropriate feedback. I really wish eBay would allow more than one line of feedback... even two lines would do wonders.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:10 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 4,735 Likes on 3,404 Posts

File claims with Ebay and PayPal. Take your story and the confirmations you get from Ebay & PayPal to your credit card company. I sincerely doubt they will have any trouble stopping the payment for you with all that ammo.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by MacGyver,Jul 25 2007, 10:09 AM
Send an email stating they have 24 hours to provide a valid tracking number of the order will be considered canceled and you will start proceedings with PayPal to have the charge reversed. If/when PayPal can't help, talk to the credit card company.

You gave them plenty of opportunities to tell you they were backordered, or even proof it was mailed in the first place. These days, it's not worth making this a 3 month ordeal. Give them one day, cancel the order, and move on... don't forget to leave appropriate feedback. I really wish eBay would allow more than one line of feedback... even two lines would do wonders.
Exactly!! I'm trying not to make this a long drawn out process

I guess the part I was confused with is how PP handles the whole ordeal. Since when I pay with my CC it transfers the balance from the CC to my account, then transfers from my account to the other person's account. Was thinking if I stop payment on my CC that it would leave a negative balance in my account on PP.

Anyway, I'll email them and give them 24 hours with the understanding I'll be filing claims with eBay and PP.

Thanks Mac!!
Old 07-25-2007, 07:34 AM

Also, thanks to everyone else for their replies!!

Email sent.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:17 AM

Definitely go through PayPal, reverse charging through your CC company usually ends up with PayPal suspending your account.

In general when it comes to PayPal, the buyer is always right, so you'll most likely get your money back. With PayPal its the seller's responsibility to provide all documentation proving that you sent the package to the buyer.

Sucks for the honest seller getting screwed by a dishonest buyer, but in this case, it works out well for you
Old 07-25-2007, 09:06 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 711 Likes on 449 Posts

I would say contact your credit card company first. They will issue you a conditional credit on your statement then will contact paypal to get the money. Generally paypal will only give you money if the seller has that amount sitting around in their paypal. If they removed it paypal says too bad. If they do suspend your account it doesn't take very long to just make another one.

Sorry, it totally sucks, I've been there.

Quick Reply: Need some help