Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

My ticket story (long)

Old 04-08-2003, 08:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn, I think the cops and judges are nicer in Iraq...
Old 04-08-2003, 09:24 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by TurnFast
Damn, I think the cops and judges are nicer in Iraq...
Meant as humor...but I'm fairly certain we have it much better here than the Iraqis...
Old 04-08-2003, 12:27 PM

Hey Steve - I know you have issues with the fuzz And I am with you with your problem you had with them..... insurance comes up in about 3 weeks, let's see if it takes an upward hike because of the ticket.
Old 04-09-2003, 05:07 PM

I do hate it for you. Cmon down to Cary, NC. As much as they are around and little as they have to do, i guess we pay enought taxes to keep the city happy. I've only been pulled once, driving home one night, i decided to take the long way to wind down (mind you it was midnight), and after getting off the hwy doing 65, on to an empty road still doing 60 in a 35 the cop pulled behind me and pulled me over. After a 10 min talk about my (still new) car, and a once over my engine. He politely asked me to keep it down.
-
And I have heard similar stories around here.
Old 04-09-2003, 05:18 PM

Where's Cary? Is it far from southeast Virginia? Maybe I'll come down sometime and try out your cops!
Old 04-09-2003, 05:38 PM

LOL.....its a suburb of Raleigh
Old 04-09-2003, 05:44 PM

OK, so that's where it is...we had one of you Raleigh guys at our last Richmond meet....
Old 07-15-2003, 06:30 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In traffic court, there is no such thing as justice. These are kangaroo courts set up to collect money from the citizenry -- a form of taxation without representation. There is no such thing as the Constitution in these courts.
Old 07-16-2003, 02:00 PM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Rick, I believe you are very close to the truth. I just went to court over a speeding ticket I received while driving my Lumina. One sheriff let me go by. Assuming that was an acceptable speed over the limit, I continued only to be pulled over farther down the road by a punk-a$$. The judge thought it was funny and never gave any consideration to my very short oration. He even suggested that I was rather presumptuous... I assumed the first sheriff was awake- his car was in the middle of a median with lights on and left turn signal flashing.

Just got another ticket(in the Contour this time) Saturday on I-68 west of I-70 in MD. Those trap-setting bastards don't even get in their cars... they just flag you down. I had my ticket in less than 10 minutes. In that time, the tag-team duo had nabbed/flagged down 3 more motorists! Talk about efficient!
Old 07-16-2003, 03:08 PM

are you asian? I'm korean and I received MANY tickets when I was in college and I went to many courts in the rural counties of virginia, and the judges in those regions are like that. I believe even God bends the law. Thats what "grace" is all about. Not to turn this into a religious debate, but geez, cops and judges like that, I firmly believe they're wrong.. although you did "break" the speed limit by 15 miles, but gosh you're 45 years old!! its not like a punk kid showed up at the court with purple hair.. lol I tried to do the same thing couple years ago, (being my own advocate) and I tried to respectully tell the judge my story, but he looked at me as if he was looking at a crazy monkey and pronounced GUILTY in 2 seconds. haha. His face seemed to say "get the hell out of my state asian boy". I almost blurted out
" Hello? I pay my taxes just like you and i'm as much a citizen as you are. ever heard about the independence war and the taxation without representation? " but I didn't wanna get into more trouble. lol

Quick Reply: My ticket story (long)