Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

My 2000 S2000

Old 08-20-2015, 07:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

great info! you should offer your services to others as an alternative to a shop for those that wants to get their seats repaired. keep on posting/updating!
Old 08-20-2015, 12:05 PM

Received 135 Likes on 105 Posts

LOL! Took me the better part of 3 days for this project and I still need more color! Thanks, but no thanks. I'll just post the info for others to use.

Edit: Always ready for a car mod weekend, though!
Old 08-20-2015, 05:32 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow...do I wish you were closer to Richmond, VA given your comfort-level with all that electrical/audio work. Top notch! And there is just nothing to say about those spiffed up red seats except, "W-O-W". I honestly would have never thought they could be so nicely restored. Great work. Thanks for sharing.
Old 08-21-2015, 07:10 AM

Minor Update:

When I purchased my intake, the guy threw in a few other goodies, including some DIY mudflaps he made following this DIY:

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/679...#entry21459734

Then I saw this thread where the guy was having trouble removing tar marks from behind the wheels: https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/113...#entry23702886

So I decided to go ahead and mount the flaps on my car:

Hopefully, this will help keep her clean. In addition, I never mentioned the woman who backed into my passenger fender last year (shortly after I purchased). Had to have the right fender repaired and painted. I looked at the rear wheel arch and saw some paint damage on the drivers side that I want to avoid getting on the nice new paint. This should help protect it.
Old 08-21-2015, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by w1ngman
Wow...do I wish you were closer to Richmond, VA given your comfort-level with all that electrical/audio work. Top notch! And there is just nothing to say about those spiffed up red seats except, "W-O-W". I honestly would have never thought they could be so nicely restored. Great work. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you! Bring the car up and we can have a mod day!
Old 08-23-2015, 06:21 PM

I got the second bottle of color and finished the red seats. I noticed how dirty the mesh grilles in the headrests were, so I took them out of both the red and the black seats and ran them through the dishwasher to clean them up. When I put them back in, I had swapped them and had the ones that were on the red seats now on the black seats. The sun happened to catch them in the right angle and I saw a bunch of red overspray on them. The biggest reason I hated the black seats was that they were all black. I had already come up with the idea of spraying the mesh red and was investigating a different product for that job, but I figured "What the hell?" and went full retard on it:

This was about 5 coats of the urethane color using the Preval sprayer. As I suspected, they turned out looking very nice:

The black seats have damage I need to repair, so I put the red seats in today---no pics of them in the car yet. I'll post a final update soon.
Old 09-17-2015, 08:07 PM

Quick Update:

The guy who sold me the replacement carpet threw in a beat to shit OEM replica lip for free. It sat in the basement for a while until I had the thought to Plastidip it and throw it on. Grabbed some black PD and shot 4 or 5 coats on it and installed the lip thinking it would all be for shits and giggles.

Turns out, it doesn't look bad at all. I'll have to pull it off and reinstall with some of the lip gasket stuff to make it clean, but I think its a win! Bonus--it covers all of the damage I had on the bottom of the bumper (from PO).

Also, I was not happy with the tubing I got with the intake--the runs were too short and the tubing was the wrong kind. Went to Advance and got several feet of vacuum tubing and re-routed the lines along the front to the drivers side, through a cable management fixture mounted to the inside fender and back up to the fuel rail. Looks much cleaner and keeps the hoses out of the way. I think I had a vacuum leak with the first set that got fixed, too.

I owe this thread a final review of the red seats. I'll try to get some pics tomorrow and post a write up.
Old 10-13-2015, 12:14 PM

We took the car down to the Panda Junction show last weekend. I made my first carblog!

More pics:

Old 10-14-2015, 03:40 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks great! Although I feel this car deserves an oem paint matched front lip. The swapped mesh inserts on the seats also looks pretty darn good
Old 10-14-2015, 07:31 AM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

Holy cow that seat repair looks fantastic!

What was your total cost investment of fixing the seats?

Quick Reply: My 2000 S2000