Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

More of what makes our community great -- Lyrae's Day

Old 06-28-2003, 06:39 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Some of ya'll know Lyrae (of BlackBeauty out of E-town, NC) and her husband Rick. Well, last weekend, at the Richmond Meet/Eat/Street (and not unlike so very many other times over the last couple years ) Lyrae has had to miss out on some great driving events because she's been working towards her RN certification. With only 4 days left, and a free weekend (finally!!! ), my wife Taska suggested that Lyrae, Rick & family come up this weekend for a lil' "R & R." Wasn't sure it'd work out for them, but by the end of the week, they had arranged things so they could come up and pay us a lil visit (nothing big...this was kinda "decompression time" for Lyrae, ya know? ). So they made it up Saturday afternoon with Luft46 in tow, we squeezed in a late lunch, a fun 2-hour jaunt through some of Goochland's finer twisties , and then worked in a nice dinner at the new Famous Dave's over by VA Center Commons. KlassyBlue (Beth), VA S2K (Mike), and Mike's fiance Amber also made dinner along with Rick and Lyrae's kids, Ciera and Daniel.

Just thought I'd share . Its special little opportunities like this that tug on the heartstrings just as much as the huge meets we do. I just can't help repeating it, "I love you guys!!!"

Here are some pics from today (hope all of you had a safe and enjoyable weekend too! )...

Thanks a bunch folks! Ya'll are welcome in Richmond anytime...and I can't wait until you move up here!

- Dave
Old 06-28-2003, 07:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awwww...:getschokedup: Glad you all had a great time and good luck to Lyrae on the RN certification and career. Looks like I missed a good time with good people but we'll hang out soon. There's good times to be had this summer with all of our old and new Mid-A members and I'm looking forward to it all.

Old 06-29-2003, 07:29 AM

Did the old "mirror image" on 3 To Go Play.jpg, huh Dave?
Old 06-29-2003, 07:43 AM

lyrae, congrats on working towards the rn certification. lord knows that we need more of you.

hope to meet up the richmond crew as soon as my schedule clears up.
Old 06-29-2003, 04:06 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by w1ngman
[B]Some of ya'll know Lyrae (of BlackBeauty out of E-town, NC) and her husband Rick.
Old 06-29-2003, 05:37 PM

Hi Everyone!

We just got home. Stopped in Hampton to visit with Dan and he showed us around his old stompin grounds. Then had dinner with him at The County Grill (great place to eat). A full day for us.

Thank you Dave for the post

Yes, it's true. I have been an RN for 10 years now I can't believe it's been that long already. The BSN is finally over I am free to have a social life now, at least until we move and get our house built. Then 4 more semesters until my MSN. (poor Rick )

What are we gonna do for that one Dave?

Again, thanks for a great weekend! The few precious weekends I get away from the hospital I wouldn't want to spend any other way than with my friends

BB

(Mr. BlackBeauty's wife)