Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Monthly Meet and Drives??

Old 04-08-2003, 12:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know there's plenty going on this season with OBX and the Dragon, but I'm longing for another Sunday meet and drive like we used to do last year on a monthly basis.

Is anyone planning on organizing a Sunday drive when it gets warmer??

W1ngman??

Old 04-08-2003, 12:54 PM

Ill meet......no problem, I have some sundays off!!

Just post a place and time.
Old 04-08-2003, 01:17 PM

Maybe another Rick Hesel Meet on backroads in Baltimore or a W1nger meet in the Hampton roads area...or something new!

I woulnd't know where to begin/end a fast paced drive with 15-20+ S2000's. Someone pleeeeeaaase come through.
Old 04-08-2003, 01:24 PM

Pics from last year's C'ville meet..

Old 04-08-2003, 01:51 PM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

I was there! That was my first run. Nothing will ever be as memorable! Met great people and pushed the car(only to find out that I also had a spring spacer in the front left spring ).

I had mentioned having a get-together at my bowling center and then out for a drive or vice versa. It would be more central for all, but close for very few... Exit #150 on I-95. There is a 9 mile stretch of road from the freeway out to 234. Saaaaaaaaa-weet lunch time break for me. 9 miles out/9 miles back. # spots you can actually get airborn! There are other roads, too. It just happens that this one is right outside the front gate. 1a-race can confirm.

Thought I'd throw that out there as a couple of owners have expressed interest.

Skip
Old 04-08-2003, 02:17 PM

Hey as long as we could stick the the same time schedule with Lunch and a nice long drive sans the Authorites..
Old 04-08-2003, 02:20 PM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

I thought that incident added to the lore of the whole drive! Probably 'cause none of us were ticketed!
Old 04-08-2003, 02:32 PM

Was everyone thinking NoVA or somewhere in MD, I know a great stop over near Westminster (on Rt 32) the most fantastic homemade ice cream. Plus the roads are great up that way.

That is just one idea, I am sure we can come up with some other destinations without much trouble.

I AM READY
Old 04-08-2003, 02:41 PM

I'm down on NoVa, since it's my home turf, but I don't know any great places to drive... There's some residential roads I like to tear up near Occoquan, and some other neat roads out near Warrenton that I've been on.

I wish MapQuest had a little checkbox for 'Twisty, winding S2000 style road', kinda like finding the nearest Krispy Kreme.
Old 04-08-2003, 03:42 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

'fraid I'm cooked up for awhile
  • Wake Da Dragon April 12th (actually kinda a whole 4-day excursion )
  • Import BBQ April 19th (w/ a clearing or two on the front/back side)
  • Zaino Clinic April 26th (w/ two clearings on Sunday)
  • Outer Banks May 3rd (......imagine that...no clearings???)

Seriously...kinda booked up for a while. But I might suggest Skip's idea for those looking for something to do. Although I'd hate to miss it...I think it'd be a kick to have a bunch of us get together for beer and bowling. And then some zippin' through this road that Skip...just...won't...stop...talkin'...about!!!:ee k:

For what its worth...I'm considering a drive that (as far as I know) our group has never done. Meet for a drive out through Orange, VA and tie it in with a visit to a vineyard or two. There are some beautiful farms and roads to view on a drive...and the idea of a wine tastin' seems kinda cool ta boot. But again...I won't be able to put this together for a month or so...

- Dave

Quick Reply: Monthly Meet and Drives??